↠ 18

"Oh well," You started out. "I did get home last night, but today I went to my parent's home and I forgot to charge my phone."

Yuto sighed out angrily. "Damn, you just had me so worried. Especially with everything going on."

"I'm sorry about that." You replied, remorseful.

"I know, I know." He patted the top of your head. "Now go get some sleep and we'll celebrate my birthday tomorrow, okay?"

You nodded. "Sure! Sounds good."

The two of you exchanged goodbyes and Yuto walked away. You took a glance at him before going to your apartment. You unlocked the door and closed it. Taking a huge sigh of relief that Yuto didn't question about going to your parents today. You locked the door and took a step into the living room, freezing.

Why did something feel uneasy?

The cake and gift were right where you left them. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary. But did you leave the window a little bit open? The window was slightly cracked and there was a gentle wind that flowed through.

You tried to recall if you did open the window but nothing came to mind. You bit your lip, unsure if you should walk out or if you're just being paranoid again. Taking a quick look around, you noticed that nothing was stolen or moved. Still, you were on high alert as you flipped on the switch and went over to the window to close it. As you closed it, there was a loud knocking at your door.

It made you jump and quickly you went to the door. Taking a peek in the peephole, it was Yuto that was at your door. You unlocked it and opened it. "Something wrong or did you come to check on me?"

Yuto brushed past you without replying. He looked around your living room and then down towards the hallway. "Y/N... was there something wrong when you came into the room?"

Your eyes widened slightly. "Um, well, the window was open slightly, but I don't remember if I closed it or not..."

Yuto turned towards you. There was something unrecognizable in his expression that frightened you a bit. "Alright, can you do something for me and go wait outside on the street?"

"What? Why?" You furrowed your eyebrows.

"Because," Yuto glanced around. "I think someone broke in. Just go and don't ask questions." He then started to push you out of your apartment and slammed the door on you.

Your mouth was open a little. Shouldn't you at least call the police? You tried the door and found it to be locked. Stubbornly, you stood there since both phones were inside your apartment and then you banged on the door. There was no answer. You simply walked away and maybe you'll find someone down there with a phone to call the police.

Once you were on the sidewalk, you looked around for someone. To your dismay, there was no one in sight. Now, you were going to walk to the police station.

"Hey there, sweetheart." A low voice said.

You froze up and turned around to see a man with red eyes. Just like the time from before. He grinned at seeing your expression.

"Do you mind if I suck all your blood out?" He whispered.

That was all it took before you began running towards the station. As you ran, you stopped again seeing three more people right in front of you. Their eyes were bright red as well. 'Don't tell me, they're all vampires...'

You were now breathing heavily as you took a glance towards the forest. Their house was in the middle of the forest, wasn't it? Might as well as give it a shot. You started running towards the forest, screaming a bit as you felt something try to touch you.