Chapter Twenty-One

Chapter Twenty-one

"(y/n)!!" A voice jumped out at you as you were walking towards the library.

"Gah!" you jumped, "Geez, Suki, what is it? You scared me," you pouted as Suki hugged you tightly and giggled.

"Sorry, Kitty! I want you to hang out with me, okay? I feel like everyone else is getting more time with you, it's totally lame!" She tugged on your arm and pulled you towards her secret room.

You didn't mind spending time with Suki, that would be fine. Maybe some lighthearted fun would ease your mind. You hoped she just wanted to chat or play games, nothing too serious. Before the two of you got very far, though, another person called from the end of the hallway.

"(y/n), Suki! Wait up!" Dianna walked to the two of you. You felt Suki's grip on you tighten. You sent her a worried glance before smiling at Dianna.

"What's up?" you greeted when she got close enough.

"I want to spend time with you, too," she smiled. "What were you guys going to do?"

You were about to invite Dianna to hang out with the two of you in your room when Suki pulled you closer and shouted, "No! It's my time with her, you can hang out with her never!" Suki stomped away and pulled you along. You followed along blindly for a moment. You needed to react. You had to say something.

"Suki, stop," you dug your heels in. "That was mean." You both turned to face a now very upset looking Dianna. Upset wasn't right actually—she looked pissed.

"Aw, come on! I don't want to share you, okay?" Suki whined. Suki, you sighed internally.

"Dianna, what if I spend time with you later?" you offered with a smile.

"What if you spent time with her later instead?" Dianna walked closer to the two of you. You didn't expect to find her cold glare directed at you; the shock sent chills down your spine. "Suki's overly clingy, and we all know it." 

"Hey!" Suki shouted, wrapping her arm around your shoulder, "I asked to spend time with her first, it's only fair!"

"Guys, we don't have to fight," you smiled nervously. You thought your first compromise—hanging out with Suki and then later with Dianna—would have been fine, but Dianna refused. Now you didn't know what to say. You put some distance between yourself and Suki for the time being.

Dianna less-than-gently lifted your chin so she could look down into your eyes before retorting, "I don't like to back down, but if it makes you more comfortable, I'll stop arguing with her." Her glare turned to Suki, "You should be more careful with your blatant affections."

You felt goosebumps on your arms when Dianna walked away. You hadn't really seen her act so harshly before. You were glad she stopped arguing, but it was weird to see her so upset over something so silly. You rubbed your arm anxiously as you looked to Suki.

"That was weird," Suki mumbled. "You don't want to leave me, right? You like spending time with me?" she looked to you. Your eyebrows shot up in surprise.

"What's gotten into you, Suki? I'm not going anywhere," your concerned face morphed into a laugh. "I mean, I can't. We are all trapped here forever until the end of time."

Suki didn't laugh. She looked at you with a blank expression, "So if we weren't trapped here you would leave?"

"W-well I might not live in this house, but I'd still be your friend if we met," you tried to reassure her. Is she always paranoid about this sort of stuff? You wondered. Suki was already close to you, but she stepped closer.