37

"calum! please help me!" luke pleads over the phone. he had finally thought of a plan to win back leyla but needed help setting up and surprising. but with calum's new found feelings he was feeling a little jealous and not wanting to help.

"fine. ill see you tomorrow at 11." calum finally agrees, hanging up the phone. he heads back downstairs and plonks himself on the safe next to leyla, his head on her lap. leyla had noticed that calum was more touchy feely recently but pushed the thoughts aside as didn't want to jeopardise their friendship.

he sits up after a while and pulls leyla into him. "we're going out with the boys tomorrow at 5." calum tells her.

"okay." she answers, still looking at the tv. calum stares at her, watching the little things she does without realising. "is luke coming?" she turns her head and calum snaps out of his daydream quickly.

"i think so. is that okay?" his hand rubs her arm and he bites his lip. leyla nods her head and looks like she has something to say, but stays quiet. calum suddenly leans in and kisses her. she widens her eyes in shock and pushes him away, getting up and leaving the room. "leyla, im sorry!"

"what was that?" she asks quietly, her back still turned. "why would you do that?"

"im sorry. i was just caught up in the moment. please, don't hate me. and please don't tell anyone, luke will kill me." calum pleads, knowing how badly he has fucked up.

"i uh, i need space." leyla says, trying to come up with any excuse to not have to deal with him right now. she puts on her shoes and walks out the front door, not really knowing where she's going.

her head was a mess. she wanted to luke but was still so mad at him and now calum, what, liked her too? what does she do about that?

before she knows it, she's outside luke's, knocking on his door. he appears quickly, surprised to see leyla there.

"you okay?" he asks, leading her in. she doesn't say a word and hugs him tight, he hugs her back, kissing the top of her head. "tell me what's up." they sit down on the sofa and she doesn't let go of him.

"im so confused." she says, burying her head into his chest. "i was just thinking how much i want to be with you but im still so mad at you and calum kissed me and so i went for a walk and ended up here."

"he what?" luke snaps, standing up quickly. "he fucking kissed you?!" leyla nods her head, and grabs his hand trying to pull him back down to the sofa and calm him down.

he resists the urge to walk out the door and head to calum's, and sits down, knowing that calming down and comforting her would be better in the long run.

"luke, im so sorry." she starts to cry.

"don't cry. none of this was your fault." he says, pulling her in for another hug. "you've done nothing wrong, leyla. i pushed you away and into him. he shouldn't have done that."

"please, don't be mad at him." she whispers.

"im going to be mad at him, ley. he kissed you." he answers, still fuming on the inside. "i won't do anything though, but im not happy with him and i don't want to see him anytime soon."

"we are all going out tomorrow, though."

"hmm." he mumbles, not wanting to muck up the plans to surprise her tomorrow. they stay still for a while, cuddling, not wanting to move from each other's arms.

- - -

leyla puts on her coat and shoes and heads downstairs to meet calum. she left luke's a couple hours later yesterday and headed back to calum's not telling him where she had been. they barely spoke all night, just the odd few words.

driving towards the restaurant, calum was desperate to say something but didn't know what to say, knowing that luke was about to do a huge gesture for leyla and make her incredibly happy and be with him again. he didn't have a chance.

"head on in, i just need to make a call. the boys are already here." calum mumbles, getting out his phone. leyla gets out the car and heads to the restaurant. opening the door, it was empty and dark apart from a light on luke, him holding a guitar and a rose in his mouth.

"what-" leyla stutters out.

"hey, ley." luke smiles. "if you would like to take a seat?" she nervously sits down at the table that had a candle lit and covered in rose petals.

luke starts strumming on the guitar and begins singing, his voice sounding like an angel, serenading leyla.

"You're just too good to be true, I can't take my eyes off you, You'd be like heaven to touch, I wanna hold you so much, At long last love has arrived, And I thank God I'm alive, You're just too good to be true, Can't take my eyes off you, Pardon the way that I stare, There's nothing else to compare, The sight of you leaves me weak, There are no words left to speak, But if you feel like I feel, Please let me know that is real, You're just too good to be true, I can't take my eyes off you, I love you baby, And if it's quite all right, I need you baby, To warm the lonely nights, I love you baby, Trust in me when I say, Oh pretty baby, Don't bring me down I pray, Oh pretty baby, Now that I've found you stay, And let me love you, baby, Let me love you, You're just too good to be true." luke finishes the song, leyla now had tears streaming down her face as she gets up and heads over to luke.

"luke-" she was cut off again, his hand on her waist, holding her in his side and handing her the rose.

"let me speak. i am so so sorry, and i know that i have said that a million times, but seeing you so hurt and because of me, my heart broke into a billion pieces, i didn't want to go on but i knew i had to make it up to you and win you back. bumping into you at the beach was the happiest day since it happened and then you running to me yesterday. leyla, i am so deeply in love with you, and i dont know what i would do without you. please, forgive me." luke lets out, wiping away leyla's tears.

"i love you too, lukey." leyla answers, kissing luke. he puts his guitar on the floor and pulls her in between his legs. they continue to make out before luke pulls away and rests his forehead against hers.

"i love you so much." he whispers.