Cromulent

Cromulent; appearing legitimate but actually being spurious.

C H A P T E R    T H R E E

"Noah my man, what's up?" Chase chuckled, utterly unfazed by Noah's tone or his choice of words unlike myself.

"Chase, how do you know her?" confusion taking over his face.

"We just ...."

I cut him off. "See, not everyone like you possesses the ominous ability to ruin someone's day, but if you must know, we just met each other at the bonfire a couple of minutes ago. So mind your words, he isn't a boy toy." I shot him a sour look.

He completely ignored my words, making it seem as though they were never spoken and then I heard him say to my acquaintance. "See you at practice tomorrow man." And all that was left was the minty scent of his.

"How do you guys know each other?" I inquired.

"Me, Noah and Jordan are on the football team since year one so we know each other quite well."

"Don't worry about Noah, he is not usually like this. The coach is giving him a lotta pressure with the first game of the season coming up since he's the captain."

Everyone around here, in some or the other way, happened to know Noah. No one seemed to be surprised by the pure cruelty of his words, instead, everyone resorted to justifying his behaviour. After analyzing the situations, the conclusion of Noah owning fame came easy. The only thing about which I didn't arrive at a conclusion for was why he resented me soo much?

Me and Chase exchanged numbers and after shortly conveying our goodbyes, left for our respective rooms.

With my last thoughts being those green eyes and the curiosity of how my first day would turn out, I embraced my slumber.

My morning started off as usual, with the light of the sun hitting the depths of my eye and forcing them to open up, I made my way to the washroom, got dressed and wondered where Scar was, I hadn't seen her since last night.

Right about then, the door opened to reveal Scar. She had two cups of coffee in her hand. She was like the ultimate saviour, well caffeine more so but whatever.

"I got you a mocha, since that's what I got yesterday as well and your smile told me you weren't disappointed," she muttered, trying to stuff all her belongings in her bag.

"You're the best, Scar," I accepted my cup, inhaling the scent right away.

"No doubt in that. Come on, we're already late. Let's get going."

We quickly scurried out of the dorm, checking if we had gotten all the essentials. I had three lectures today, the first one being Econ, so my excitement could not be contained.

We parted ways and I sighed in relief after noticing that I had arrived before the professor. I took a seat next to a girl, she was trying to take out her journal without making everything else fall out. Her hair was left open halfway and the other half was tied up into a cute bun.

"Hey, I'm Sydney."

She reverted her eyesight toward me and beamed. "Hey, I'm Allison."

We were just getting to know each other when the professor walked in, introduced himself, he seemed to be in his mid 40's. Halfway through the lecture, I heard someone whisper beside me, "Hi, would you mind lending me a pen?" he gave me a hoping smile.

I handed him a pen and received a, "Thank you so much," from him.

Once the class got over, me and Allison, or Ally as she insisted I call her, decided to walk together since our next lecture was in the same block. She was telling me that she had grown up and lived in NYC her whole life and she had just begun to describe her love for writing to me when the guy who borrowed my pen walked up to us.