12.1 The Covenant and the Heavenly Tribulation

Lang Yuan glared at the emperor with hostility. It was evident from the rare colored eyes the deep emotion seething. One can easily see a very cute bunny puffing both of its cheek while trying to look angry. This only made the human less scary, earning everyone's lovable gaze towards the mortal.

JiDan, who has the greatest mood from the scenario, can't help but to laugh and smile happily as he look down to his mother. No, he's not looking down at his mother figuratively. He is, indeed literally, looking down at Lang Yuan due to the difference of height.

"You told me that he will not grow until ten years later. Why is it that he... he..." He pointed a grown up man with bleary eyes.

Lang Yuan liked the little JiDan very much. He likes watching the little Bun running and playing around, reminding him of his little brothers and sisters. JiDan is his son so he has more special feelings towards the blood kin. Yet, right now, JiDan is no longer that small bun that can only wrap his arms around his waist.

He is even taller than me ba!

JiDan is currently hugging Lang Yuan from the back, his long slender arms wrapped around the neck of Lang Yuan. His head is resting on the crook of Lang Yuan's neck, smelling the familiar scent of his mother. One can easily see the flowers and hearts popping out from JiDan while the shorter person he was hugging has a darkened face.

What is happening ah?

Yu XueQin, the receiver of the said hostility, watched the mother and son tandem with warmth. JiDan noticed the stare of his father and glared at him too, matching the glare of Lang Yuan. Now, two pairs of red irises are looking at the emperor with one asking him what's going on and the other with utter dissatisfaction.

Really, like two peas of the same pod.

"Tell me, what's happening? Why is..." Lang Yuan patted the head resting on his neck. "Why is my little bun become a grown up like this?"

"He did not grow up. He only got taller," Yu XueQin replied.

"That's what I'm asking. Why did he suddenly shot up? Are your kind is the kind of creatures that grows up faster than a bamboo shoot?"

[A/N: I heard Bamboos can grow overnight? That's why it was called bamboo shoots because it 'shoots' up? I'm not sure tho].

"Mother, you disliked this form?" JiDan whined like a puppy. Despite his eighteen-year-old looking body, JiDan clinginess did not even disappear.

"No, why would I dislike it?" Lang Yuan denied. "But I was expecting that it will take for a few more years!"

This is what Lang Yuan is scared of. He was told that the growth rate of a dragon child is fast. Considering that dragons are much larger than humans, Lang Yuan somehow expected that a time will come when JiDan would be looking down at him and not looking up. In this form, he won't be able to carry a small bun that often asks him a hug.

A small JiDan is cute too.

Despite his craftiness of the dragon child, JiDan is actually a sweet boy that often clings to his mother. Lang Yuan liked it when he sees the small child running excitedly from here to there, zooming like a dog that just got out from a cage, hiding in corners while peeking to get his attention, and would sooner tug his clothes to carry him up. The five-year-old dragon boy is already heavy to carry but Lang Yuan will sacrifice all his bones just to have him in his arms.

If this adorable young fellow suddenly grows up overnight, how did you expect Lang Yuan to react?

His little bun-bun suddenly became a teenager! Lang Yuan thought that kids in this age are starting to become independent. It was often called as the 'chuunibyu age'. The kids will develop some self-awareness that would rather want them to explore the world of the adults alone than seeking help from their parents. They thought that they know more than anyone else does and would start doing stuff recklessly without guidance.