Chapter 18

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

It's been a week since we last spoke to Alex. I had started to think that he was avoiding us. Maybe he changed his mind and didn't want our help anymore. Either way I was gonna get answers today. I invited him and Asmaa for Jumu'ah lunch. They both love rice, so that's what I'm cooking. I, on the other hand don't like rice at all. Only certain rice recipes satisfy my taste buds.

We only had class in the morning, and hadn't seen him there but he pitched up later. There was no time to catch up for a quick chat so we just rushed around. I started to worry about him but after he agreed to come for lunch I relaxed a bit.

It was midday when I finally finished cooking and went to read salaah. I prayed my whole heart out for my family, that is no longer with me, and for everyone else here. Especially Alex!

*****

"As salamu alaikum" , Alex replied as he walked in. "Wa alaikumusalaam", I was confused but then thought maybe he just greeted like that cause he knows we muslim. I shrugged it off. He followed me to the kitchen only to find Asmaa devouring up all the food. "You couldn't wait for us could you, you idiot?", I glared at her. "Your food is divine, the smell was making me go crazy! Lemme eat in peace now!", she grinned at us and continued eating. Alex pulled out a chair opposite to Asmaa and sat. Both their eyes flickered off one another as I heard Asmaa muttering an "astagfirullah". I chuckled softly. They are so whipped.

****
Alex's POV

Agh, this idiot Umaira. She didn't pick up my hint when I greeted. I looked up from my plate and met her gaze. She smiled. Flippen shit,what is happening to me. My heart. I never felt like this before. Ya, Allah! Nah,nah,nah I can't be falling for her. Damn, but look at her. Agh, shut up Alex. Just shut up!

"This food is beyond amazing, Umaira!", I commented in order to distract my already messed up thoughts. She smiled and said "Jazakallah Khair". Damn, I'm shit nervous for after lunch. Please don't kill me Umaira!!

****
Umaira's POV

Alex suddenly clears his throat and looks all serious. I don't know what happened to him. We were all relaxing and chatting until Alex got a call and now he looks so scary and serious. He gulps down. "Amm.. Umaira please don't kill me but I did bring two of my closest friends here", he spoke nervously eyeing my reaction. I smiled, "It's fine, don't look so scared". I chuckled and he relaxed. Who could these two mysterious close friends be. I thought we were the only two he got. If he dared to replace us...

He walked to the door and opened it.

My heart raced. Our eyes met. We both held an intense gaze. His eyes held something familiar. Something sad. I got shy and looked away. Alex cleared his throat for the second time. "Umaira, Asmaa this is Umar", he pointed to the guy who owned those honey brown orbs which always captivate me, " and this is Lukmaan", he pointed to the other guy whom I remember always seeing with Umar. I wanted to run away. Umar. That name. Why does it always return to haunt me?!? I held back my tears. I want my brother.

"As salamu alaikum", a deep voice broke my thoughts. Umar greeted. Asmaa and I greeted them. "Amm....take a seat", I spoke with no idea. "Soo I'm sorry Umaira about all this but I wanted to tell you both something", Alex smiled softly.

Thanks for reading!

Thanks for reading!

Please do vote, comment, follow for updates and share!

Keep Smiling
♥️♥️♥️

COMMENTS?? WHAT DO YA THINK SO FAR?!