Chapter 16: Isabella's P.O.V

The hospital was crowded. There were people everywhere and I couldn't see my family. Me and Jason pushed our way through to the front desk.

"Felix Cole?" I asked, through tears.

"That way." The receptionist pointed to a room.

I ran over, Jason not far behind me. I reached the door. And stopped. I could see Felix lying on bed with wires all over him and he was unconscious. Leo and Joseph were on one side. Dad on the other. Felix had a huge bandage round his waist. There was a huge patch of blood covering it.

Suddenly, a few doctors pushed past me and took Felix's bed. Dad, Leo and Joe got up and followed them to the door.

"Where are they taking him?!" I cried.
I ran towards him but a pair of strong arms came around me and held me back.

"No! Let me go!" I struggled.

"It's going to be okay. Calm down, Izzy." It was Mason.

"Mason." I sighed and relaxed into his arms, breathing in his familiar scent. I put my face on his chest crying heavily. This was all too familiar. It happen again.

"Don't let them take him away!" I cried.

"They're taking him into surgery, he'll be fine. I promise." Mason reassured me.

"Let me take her." Dad held his arms out and I held him so tight.

"I'm sorry." I whispered.

"Why are you apologising?" Dad asked.

"I don't know. I'm just sorry."

"He's going to be fine. We all will."

———
4 hours later.
We had been waiting for ages. Jason stayed the whole time, he refused to leave. He was so sweet. I sat next to him with my head on his shoulder and his hand in mine.

And then, Felix was pushed into the room, by a few doctors. We stood up and tried to get in.
"Please, wait out here. I need to talk to his family." The doctor said.

"How is he?" Dad asked.

"His condition is critical, but stable. He lost a lot of blood, the bullet only just missed his liver. Your son got very lucky." The doctor informed us.

"Bullet?!" I cried. "Why didn't you tell me he got shot?"

The doctor shifted uncomfortably on his feet. "You can go in now." He left.

"Isabella, just calm down, okay?" Dad put his hand on my shoulder.

"He could have died. He could have died and I would have never made up with him. He could have died." I whispered to myself, quickly, panicking.

"But he didn't die, did he?" Jason said. "He's okay."

"He could have died. He could have died! Like Mum. A bullet. And his liver." My breaths sped up and I felt my chest getting tight.

"She's having a panic attack." Dad pulled me into him and held me. He nodded his head for the boys to go and see Felix.

My heart rate was increasing and my lungs became tight and I couldn't breath.

"Dad. Dad. I can't- I can't breath." I gasped

"Okay, it's okay. Can you hear my heart? Listen to that. Breathe in sync with me."

My breathing started to slow down after a minute or two, until it was back to normal.

"You okay now?" Dad asked. I nodded and looked towards Felix in his bed. "Let's go in, he might be awake now."

Dad held open the door and I walked in. Everyone's head turned towards us.

"Hey..." Felix said, weakly.
I walked slowly towards him. They boys moved out of the way so I could sit on his bed. I sat carefully and looked at his stomach. It had been stitched up neatly with dark blue thread.

"I'm fine." He told me, taking my hand.

"You nearly died." I said quietly.

"Hardly, you're not going to get rid of me that quickly." He said and I laughed gently.

I threw my arms around him and he froze for a second, before hugging me back.

"I'm so sorry. For everything. I love you big brother."

"I love you too, Bella." Felix replied.

"Now move it, it's my turn." Joseph said behind me.

"You want a hug, Joe?" Felix asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yep, now come here." He hugged him and then suddenly everyone was piling on top of him.

"Woah! Watch the stomach!" He laughed whilst trying push everyone off.

I stood back, watching my brothers. They were crazy shit heads. But I love 'em. I felt an arm go around me and I looked up. Jason smiled down at me and kissed my forehead. "I told you he'd be okay."

"Did you, Mr Hart? I don't quite remember?" I teased.

"Oh, is that right, Miss Cole?" He chuckled.

"Mhm, maybe a kiss would make me remember." I grinned.

"I think I could find one of them." Jason said before leaning down and gently kissing my lips.

"Ahem. We are still here. In case you forgot."
I pulled away from Jason, blushing furiously.
"Just because I said I'd get used to this-" Felix signalled towards us. "it doesn't mean you have to do that in front of us."

"We can always go to a a bedroom." I suggested.

"Don't you even dare, Isabella Grace Cole." Dad pointed a finger towards me.
I laughed at him while it was Jason's turn to go bright red.

———
"Can we go back?" I begged.
"We literally just left the hospital! Visiting hours are over!" Leo rolled his eyes.
"You need to go to bed, anyway." Mason told me.

Dad dropped us off back home before leaving to go to the warehouse. He put Mason in charge.

"Can me and Joe at least watch a few episodes of Shadowhunters?" I asked hopefully.

"Come on Mas, please!" Joseph joined in.

"Fine! 2 episodes! I'll be up in a hour to make sure you're in bed." Mason agreed.

"Thank you!" I exclaimed and we ran upstairs to my bedroom.

I couldn't really focus on the TV. A million things were rushing through my head.

Felix is okay.
He's not mad at me anymore.
Everything is okay.
Things are getting better.
Me and Jason are in a good place.
Clary is dead.

What?!

"Clary is dead?!" I screamed and shot up. I looked at Jospeh and he was crying. I looked back at the TV and Jace was crying. Simon was crying.

"BACKWARDS FORWARDS!!" I yelled, grabbing the remote.

"Backwards forwards?" Joe asked, laughing.

"Rewind! Whatever you call it!"
He chuckled.

~~~

Thank you for reading! Comment and vote!
- K