Chapter: 35

L'a pov

I looked at her like she was crazy. Ion even understand why she'd ask me this. She knows I'm just gonna say, no.

"I said, I want you out the streets."

She repeated. Oh, so I did hear her correctly.

"We all want shit, but we can't always get what we want."

She sat up and looked at me.

"Leonard, you got shot! Doesn't that open your eyes to something?"

Yes, I needa be on top of my shit.

"Mhm, I need get back on my shit. I got caught lacking once."

"Are you forgetting the fact that, you got shot?!"

She's asking for too much now.

"Bro, I'm still living. It ain't like niggas don't get shot everyday. It ain't like ion always stay strapped."

"So you just want me to sit here, scared for your life? Not knowing if you finna come back to me in one piece, not knowing if you're not texting me back cause, you're busy or because something happened?"

I looked at her. Not my fault she wants to worry about me.... Ian ask her too. She doing this to herself.

"That's on you Unika. You don't have to, you choose to."

"Do you know how hard is was for me to think positive, when I came to the hospital and didn't know what was going on with you? I don't wanna feel like that again, or have the fear that something bad happened to you. Shit can be worse next time! I don't want anything to happen to you, I don't wanna lose you."

I sucked my teeth.

"Nothings gonna happen to me man. Stop saying that shit."

"I bet you said that before this shit happened. Now look we're we at!"

Why can't she just drop this topic. It's not happening.

"It's not happening, Nika. I suggest you drop this topic, and never bring it up again."

"Fine, since you wanna be like that. What's more important to you these streets, or us?"

"Go to sleep, because I promise you don't wanna know the answer to that question."

"So, you're really putting the streets over us? Over me? Wow..."

I'm definitely not dropping out these streets, for her. Period.

S.Dot pov

*next morning*

We was heading to go see L'a, just check on how bros doing. Rondo been good, he's been on bed rest too. He's just not in as much pain as L'a. Rondo weird tho, he don't mind playing King and having everybody doing everything for him. Now L'a, he hates that shit. He doesn't like asking people for shit, especially not Nika.   I swear when it comes to that girl, he doesn't know what he want.