Chapter Nine

⚠️
..................................

It wasn't like I asked for things to go this way.

I didn't ask to be born an Omega.

I didn't ask for this pack to overtake mine.

I didn't ask to be punished or to be bad.

I didn't ask for any of it.

All I wanted was for my life to go back to what it was just weeks ago. I wanted my rules, I wanted my daily routine, I wanted my normal back.

Instead, here I was running down familiar halls trying to escape punishment. Trying to figure out what I supposedly knew. Trying to escape an Alpha that hated me.

My body crashed into walls and the hall furniture as I dashed to my sanctuary. This time there were other wolves and I made sure to dodge them. I could still hear his anger snarls behind me. He had shifted, I had run, it was a chase now to his wolf, it was a dash for life by mine. Cat and mouse was the game and my wolf didn't like the odds. It was instinct on both our parts, but unfortunately, the war of instincts in my head was telling me two different things. Fear spurred my indecisive mind.

I knew once I had made it out of my temporary residence that Ben and the other wolves wouldn't be able to keep Kain contained for long. The moment I shifted I heard his bones crack. The moment my paws stepped over the threshold I heard his snarl warning me to stop. I didn't heed his warning. I triggered the chase.

The weeks of food I had been given to eat made my movements stronger and quicker, but I knew Kain was bidding his time. I appealed to his canine, to his beast.

I jerked my body left as I continued to sprint down the halls turning the corner. I could see my door, it was just slightly ajar and my ears perked up. I didn't have to worry about shifting to open it.

As I came upon it I could hear the pounding of hard paws against the wooden floor behind me. I didn't look back, I dashed inside and thrust my body against the door my wolf growling a warning. Flashbacks hit me of the Beta, would Kain serve out a punishment like him? Fear gnawed at my stomach.

My attempt to keep the door shut did no good. Space was too tight for my wolf to get a good grip on the door. Just as I was about to shift the door was flung wide open and standing in a naked glory of Alpha Male was Kain. His eyes were glowing, and his breathing was harsh, too harsh. He was in a rage. Alarm bells were going off in my head. I shouldn't have to run. I shouldn't have triggered this chase. I knew better. The rules dictated that I should never run. But that's all I've been doing, I got away with it the first time I ran, this time I would surely be in trouble.

I felt my back hunch up and my tail curl under me, ears flattened against my head.

I messed up. I really messed up.

"SHIFT!" His snarl was deafening and as if I had no control over my body I painfully shifted back into my human. My wolf was shaking, I was trembling, we were scared. Never before had I ever seen such anger, but I had never run from my Alpha before either. What has happened to me? I had become to slack in following the rules.

"You think I don't know what goes on in that pretty little head of yours?" His voice took on a low growling tone. I just stared at him with wide eyes. Not daring to look away. My senses screamed danger, my instincts yelling at me for initiating this chase. This wasn't good, nothing about this situation was good. The room was too tiny, the door had already been shut. We were trapped.

"Kain stop!" I faintly heard Bens voice.

"Unless you are asking for a challenge Ben, get the fuck lost." Kains snarled response had me covering my head. Ben didn't say anything else. It would be fruitless. Anyone would be dumb to challenge Kain. Just looking at him, he oozed power.  I would be dumb to think my Alpha could win in a single-handed challenge against someone of Kain's caliber.