| 30 | home

'Why do I have to say goodbye, I'm coming back in two weeks you said it yourself that's not long.' Daisy whines and Pierre shoves her towards the door. She is surprisingly stronger than him and is able to hold her ground.

Pierre sighs in annoyance of how stubborn his little sister can be sometimes. 'Daisy you can't just leave without saying goodbye it doesn't work that way.'

Of course, as he suspected Daisy begins to protest. 'It can work however way I want it to work.' She says shoving him away. Pierre steadies himself and begins pushing her yet again.

'You'll regret it if you don't say goodbye.' But Daisy doesn't have a chance to think about it because the door is swung open and her mother is standing before her with a bright smile on her face.

'Hello my love.' She says her arms wide open the way they always had been for Daisy to be able to collapse into them. And she did, she buried herself in her mothers embrace and stayed that way for a moment. Julie knew her daughter was flying back to New York so she held her a little tighter and a little longer this time.

'I'm going to miss you Daisy.' But daisy doesn't say anything back. She just sends her mother the most genuine smile she could master because she knew if she spoke, the tears would find their way out. She then heads to her father, a huge lump in her throat.

She pulls him in and he holds her in his arms never wanting to let go of her but he knew deep down this was for the best. 'You missed New York huh?' Says her father once she pulls away. Daisy shakes her head silently but her father knew she was lying. She loved New York with all her might and was probably dying to get back there.

Daisy begins to head out but her father stops her in her tracks. 'Stay close to Timothée, he cares a lot for you. I can tell.' Daisy watches her father's eyes begin to glaze with tears and she knows this is a good time for her to leave before she loses it. She simply nods in reply to her father and then heads right out the door and past Pierre.

Timothée was waiting in the car, he had already said goodbye to Julie and James the night before when he went to visit them with Pierre. Timothée watches sadly as Daisy enters the car in a frenzy of tears. He had expected her to come back in that state so he placed the box of tissues he had brought with him in her lap and pulled her close to him. Daisy did not hesitate to rest her head on his shoulder and cry silently and he allowed her to do so in peace.

***

'We're back, didn't you miss it?' Says Timothée once they exited the airplane. He has a smile on his face that Daisy usually couldn't get enough of but at the moment her stomach was killing her and she felt nauseous. 'Daisy.. are you okay?' He asks her for the millionth time today.

The entire six hour ride she had her head rested on the window and she fell asleep, or at least that's what Timothée thought she was doing. In reality she only had her eyes closed to fool him, because she really couldn't sleep, not with all the thoughts running through her head.

'I'm fine.' The words come out of her, sounding weak and untrue. If Timothée didn't know she was lying, he was an idiot. Of course he could sense her pain and stopped her in the middle of the airport with his hands on her shoulders and his eyes staring deep into hers.

'You're going to get through this alright? And I'm going to be with you the entire time and so is Skylar and your brothers. You'll be okay.' He says this trying to convince her but a voice in her head tells her not to believe him.

So much could go wrong, her father could fall even more ill and she'd be all the way in New York not knowing a thing. Something could happen to him and she wouldn't have gotten the chance to say goodbye. The situations just kept multiplying in her brain but she chose not to utter them out loud, as to not worry Timothée. 'You're right.' She says, trying her best to wear a smile but she looks more solemn than she does happy.

Timothée isn't satisfied with her response but he chooses to let her off the hook. They go through security and once they near the exit they spot a very familiar face. 'Skylar?!' Says Daisy, confusion all over her face. She hadn't told her friend she was arriving today.

She turns to Timothée with her eyebrows raised and he shrugs in response. 'I know you missed her, so I told her to come pick us up.' Daisy is finally able to give him an authentic smile but they are interrupted once Skylar clashes into Daisy and holds her in a very tight embrace. The two hold each other for a moment, none of them uttering a word.

'God, I missed you.' Whispers Skylar once she pulls away from Daisy. Both their eyes are glazed with tears, but they were tears of happiness and joy from reuniting with each other after what felt like so long. 'I missed you more' Says Daisy pulling her best friend in for another hug.

_________________

I'm going to try and put more scenes of Skylar and Daisy's friendship :) you guys barely got any background on them so I need to add a bit more stuff

Hope you enjoyed!!