Chapter Four

"Do you realize that I'm eventually going to start putting a shock collar on you or something so that you don't get yourself killed?" She scowls at me as I eat my food, and get up to grab some Dauntless cake. The most delicious stuff on planet Earth.

"Oh, it'll be okay," I answer before correcting myself, "I'll be okay,"

"Mhm, you should start heading back, get a good nights rest," she starts, "You have another day of fighting tomorrow,"

"Oh, joy," I reply sarcastically as she laughs lightly.

"You'll be fine, you know what you're doing," she pauses, then says, "most of the time it gets you killed, but you kind of know what you're doing,"

"Okay," I start, "I'm going to get going, bye, love ya!"

I say standing up before stalking off to the room. I go in and realize that most of the initiates are still out, causing me to sigh. I guess I could rearrange my little mini-dresser for the twenty millionth times since I've got here. I go over to the simple black dresser and think about arranging it by color but then sigh. Black and red, not too hard. I decide against it and just go ahead and lay down.

I check the time, eleven thirty, and within the next twenty minutes all of the initiates have gotten back and either took a shower or went straight to bed. I hear slight snoring all around, and around twelve thirty I fell asleep.

I wake up with tears streaming down my face and a scream stuck in my throat, thankfully I didn't wake anyone up. I check the time and it reads five twenty, thankfully I got a bit more sleep than normal.

I decide to go ahead and take a shower, getting my clothes out quickly, and take a quick shower. By the time I get out, it's five-forty, and I go on to the cafeteria, noticing the initiates have just been woken up. I do that same thing that I do every morning, grab a muffin, go sit down with my friends.

"What's up?" I asked, plopping down in the seat. I soon realize I'm not hungry, I mean, I did have about five slices of Dauntless cake last night.

"Nothing much," I reply, and Zane pops up.

"I heard that they're going to be doing a paintball fight tonight!" He says with excitement spilling from his lips.

"Really?" I ask, my eyes lighting up, and he nods his head.

"Yeah, there are usually two teams, and it's kind of like capture the flag, too," Reagan pipes up, and sit up straighter.

"I was the best at capture the flag when I was um back at Amity," I answer, and they're about to say something when Alex cuts in.

"You guys might want to head to training," he starts, "also, Via, Eric's in a bad mood, so why don't ya pat yourself on the back, hm?"

"Oh, whatever, I'm not afraid of him," I shrug my shoulders and the table goes quiet for a month.

"How long did you say you had to hang over the Chasm for?" Raelynn asks, and I shrug my shoulders.

"I think it was two minutes, why?" I ask, and she looks over at Alex with a certain look in her eyes, I just can't figure out what it means.

"What? What is it?" I push and look over at the two Dauntless-born who are trying to hide their smiles.

"Will someone please tell me what's going on?" I shout, gaining looks from some of the people in the cafeteria, but I don't particularly care at the moment.

"It's nothing-" Alex starts but is soon cut off by Raelynn, who now decides to turn back around and look at me.

"Eric usually makes his initiates hang over the Chasm for five to ten minutes, never even below five, and certainly not two!" She whisper-shouts, and I give her a strange look.