Chapter 19: A Fool (Carla and Shin Part 1)

The bear protecting its cub was finally gone. That's the situation Kazz was in right now... With Karlheinz gone, Kazz could feel the intense gazes again. This time, Kazz knows that he can't simply ignore them; these people are the underworld's most influential and powerful aristocrats. With his power, Kazz knows it's useless, he can't escape all them, he can only bear it.

'****!' Kazz was annoyed by his own helplessness. Contradicting his mind, his face shows fear and innocence. Clearly, Kazz was planning something...

"Young lady, would you like to accompany me, tonight?" An aristocrat asked suggestively.

"N-no, I-I already-," Kazz acted scared while thinking: Touch me and I'll make sure it would be your last 'night!'

"Don't listen to him, come with me instead~" Another disgusting person appeared.

Soon, a group of people surrounded Kazz. Kazz really wanted to beat them all up... Don't they understand what it means to leave me alone? Huh, if you look at that... I'm starting to understand Pancake (Yui) a little bit...

Just when Kazz was about to slip out, one of the men pulled his arm.

"You're not going anywhere," the man growled.

Before Kazz even punched the man's face, another arm pulled him over. Kazz knew right away, the owner of the smaller arm was one of the Tsukinamis. Everything went according to plan...

"Get lost," Carla warned the men. Age doesn't matter in the underworld, only power. The strong aura Carla was emitting was more than enough to deal with these arrogant vampires.

Once their gone, Carla spoke to Kazz with an annoyed tone. "Young lady, please take care of yourself..."

"Nii-san, that's not how you speak to a lady~" Shin walked towards them with a smile on his face. "On that account, I'm Shin, who might you be?" He looked over the beautiful little 'girl'. "I've never seen you around here before..."

Both brothers were staring at Kazz, "Krul Tepes."

"Who's your guardian?" Carla asked with a stone cold face a child shouldn't have.

"...Ferid Bathory, do you guys know him?" Kazz asked. He wanted to find information about that man as soon as possible.

Carla, "No, we don't know him."

Kazz was not surprised, instead, he looked around his surroundings, trying to find another clue. His eyes landed on Giesbach, the King of Founders, Carla's and Shin's father. The king was currently sitting on the throne, looking down on everyone like a god. His face was full of arrogance and pride.

"What are you looking at?" Shin asked curiously while following Kazz gaze. 'His father?'

With a blank face, Kazz replied back, "A fool."

Soon after he said the word, Kazz felt the temperature dropped to a negative number. Even so, sweat began forming on his forehead and he started to feel goosebumps— there was a killing intent in the air... Instinct took over Kazz's body as he moved to the side. A silver light flashed before cutting off a strand of his long pink hair.

"Shin!" Carla called out to his brother who was currently holding a sharp sword, ready to strike Kazz in the next second.

His beloved brother was obviously warning him, but Shin couldn't let this brat go. After he lowered his weapon onto the floor, he moved fast like lightning, targeting Kazz's small neck.

Carla saw his brother's plan and quickly teleported in front of Shin. Shin was caught off guard, letting his brother to take hold the collar of his shirt before hurling him onto the ground.

Thud!-

The onlookers ignored them and just laughed thinking that the two youths were fighting for the little girl. Even the Giesbach was tricked and smiled amusedly.

Kazz stood there before walking towards Shin. Kazz looked down at him and smiled innocently, "If you wanted to kill me, wouldn't it better to have a duel? That way, I can easily disgrace you in front of your family and your precious older brother." Kazz said the last part with emphasis to further fan the flame. Kazz smirked before walking away. When passing Carla, he whispered something the other could only hear— "Your mother is going to die..."

"!" Carla's eyes shot open. He turned around, only to find no one.