Chapter 12

As Evan helped me into the front seat of the car I took in his appearance. He was no longer in his food delivery clothes, which was a black polo with the name of the restaurant embroidered above the breast bone and tan khakis. Now, he was wearing a short sleeved red button down shirt with dark blue skinny jeans. His hair was probably nice and tamed when he left his house, but the wind must have other plans since it was tousled around. After he closes the door besides me, he walks over to the drivers side.

"So, did you pick a movie?" He asked as he sits down and starts the car. The engine roared to life in his small older car.

"That depends," I started to say as I click on my seat belt. "How well do you handle horror movies?"

"I think I handle them quite well," he smiles as me as he shifts the car into reverse. As the car drifts back, I look back up to my house to see Jasper shutting the door behind him, but he kept his gaze firmly on me. It sent shudders down my spine as I turned to look away from him an focus my attention back to Evan.

"Good. You haven't seen 'Its Outside' yet have you?" I asked as he puts the car in drive and takes off down the street.

Evans smile got bigger. "I've been dying to see that since it been out. I need to know what's out there."

"Well it could be one of three things," I start to say as I turn to face him. "It'd either a serial killer, a demon, or a monster. Actually I was planning on seeing it the other day, but that didn't work out as planned."

"Lucky me then," he chuckled and flashed his white teeth. He's been smiling non-stop since we got in the car.

"Yep, thanks to good ole Bessy here," I say sarcastically as I slap my cast softly. I'd rather not hurt myself.

He narrowed his eyebrows at me. "That's the best name you could come up with? Pathetic."

I couldn't hold back my laugh. "Oh yeah? What would you call it then?"

Evan thought for a moment before laughing to himself. It was a good thing since we were at a stop light. I would rather not spend this date in a ditch.

"Cast-idy," he gasps as he finally stopped laughing.

I roll my eyes at him but I cracked a smile too. Castidy sounded a lot like Cassidy and it was a better name then Bessy.

"Is it too late to stop this date?" I asked jokingly.

"Well, seeing as we're here it will be very awkward to drive you back home," he says as he pulls into the movie theater parking lot and parks as close as he can.

"You don't need to drive me. I can hitch hike," I joked. "I most definitely will not end up being murdered."

"Yeah, you just need to keep an eye out for Ted Bundy. With that cast it will be like taking candy from a baby," Evan said as he played along as he got out of the car and started to walk around to my side to open the passenger door, but I already opened it.

"Eh, Bundy had a thing for brunettes. Blonds really aren't his type," I say casually as I take Evans hand that was out stretched to me and slowly get out of the car.

"I'm guessing you watched that Ted Bundy thing on Netflix then?" He asked as he reached into the car and grabbed my crutches.

"I kinda watched it in one sitting," I say as I try not to sound creepy. Documentaries of serial killers were my guilty pleasures and I don't know why. It calms me.

"That's dedication," he says as he closes the car door and we both head towards the theater door. The door to the place was automatic, so we walk in side by side. Above the ticket sale booth, all the movies and their times were listed. "'It's Outside' doesn't start for another forty minutes."