Chapter 24: Gossip Girls

"You pulled away from him? Twice?"

Annie, Pansy and Katherine were all sitting in their Common Room accompanied by Mary. They sent the boys away, telling them it was a girls-only day.

"Simmer down, Annie," the Slytherin rolled her eyes. "Just because you already did who-knows-what with Chase doesn't mean that Kat has to do the same."

"That's not what I meant, it's just... Why?"

"I don't know," Katherine whispered, hugging her knees to herself while staring at the carpet. "I guess I got... Scared."

"And Draco was okay with it?" Annie asked, surprised.

"Oh, he should be!" Mary straightened her back. "I mean, who is she to please him? She's free to do whatever she wants, and she shouldn't feel the need to satisfy him by doing things she's not comfortable with! If she's not ready, then she's not ready, and that's that on that."

"True," Pansy nodded in agreement.

"Yes, you're right, it just sounded weird for me," Annie shrugged.

"Yeah, probably because you've had a crush on Chase for like, what? Six years, maybe?"

"So what?" She crossed her arms on her chest defensively.

"Nothing, I'm just saying. Unlike you, though, Kat just recently met Draco, not to even mention the fact that she has never had a boyfriend before, so I think it's understandable if she wants to take her time with him."

"I didn't say it wasn't, I was just asking!"

"Guys," Katherine sighed. "Could we switch the subject, please?"

"Hey, Annie," Pansy spoke up. "If you'd like to talk so terribly, why don't you tell us about Chase? Is he really the Prince Charming you imagined him to be?"

"Oh, don't even get me started on him!" She fluttered her eyelashes.

"Okay, we won't," Pansy nodded quickly.

"But –"

"What about you, Mary?" She cut Annie off before she could continue.

"Oh, Adam's a pain."

"Why?" Kat asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"He just thinks that he's so smart and stuff, it's honestly annoying."

"But he is smart, isn't he?"

"Well, duh, he's a Ravenclaw."

"What's the matter, then?"

"Just because he's smart doesn't mean that he has to be cocky with it as well. Like, sometimes he feels the need to explain the simplest things, and I'm like, boy, I'm not dumb! Even with Quidditch, he thinks he's such a better Chaser than me when the only reason they won was that their Seeker caught the Snitch!"

"Sounds like the two of you get along well," Pansy smirked at her.

"Oh, it's honestly fine," Mary shrugged. "To be fair, I kind of like to argue with him, it makes me feel alive, I guess. Is that weird?" She laughed.

"No, not at all," the Slytherin said sarcastically, shaking her head.

"Okay, Pansy, why don't you tell us about Tony?"

"There's nothing to say. We get along just fine, we don't want to cut each other's throats and he respects me as well. I know, I know... Boring, right?" She smiled.

"Oh, look at me," Mary started mocking her. "I'm Pansy Perfect Parkinson, I'm beautiful and I'm in a perfect relationship!"

"Thanks for the compliment."

"You're welcome."

***

"They're talking about us, aren't they?"

"No, they're talking about Slytherin's victory against Gryffindor, just like everyone else in the school."

"Oh, shut up, Malfoy."

"Don't be so bitter, Bennett. I told you this would happen, you just decided not to believe me, but hey, everyone makes mistakes."

"Would you guys stop going off about this already?" Tony sighed, rubbing his forehead.

"As you wish," Draco nodded.

"Thank you."

The three of them sat in silence for a while, but it didn't last long.

"Can we go back to our Common Room already?" Chase grumbled.

"No," the Hufflepuff answered him instantly. "They said it was a girls-only day, we should respect that."

"Girls only?" Draco asked with a grin. "That shouldn't be a problem for you then, Chase."

"Ha, really funny," he rolled his eyes. "Is that the best you can do?"

"Oh, I don't want to hurt your feelings."

"Come on, I'm listening!"

"Okay, that's it," Tony stood up from his seat. "If anyone's looking for me, I'll be in the Library with my friends, Peace and Quiet."

"Quiet? You should introduce it to Bennett since he obviously doesn't know when to shut up."

"That's quite funny coming from your mouth."

"Bye guys," Tony waved at them.

Turning on his heels, he started heading towards the place where he could finally be able to hear his own thoughts.

A/N:

Short little bonus chapter because why not?

I hope you liked it! :)