One phone call can change everything

Hello again! I just wanted to thank you all for reading my book and as I mention million times before, I really appreciate it. Also I've got freaking 200 reads in FIVE days.

Hope you're happy together with me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dan was heavier than the young vigilante expected. He was extremely strong for his age but he didn't expect a ghost to be so heavy. Jason couldn't lift him up from the ground so he was forced to drag him on the floor right to the infirmary. Green streaks of blood were left on the floor from the cell all the way to the medical wing.

To Jason's luck, the bed was able to move up and down. With Dan's weight, he wasn't sure if he would be able to lift him high enough for the bed. Since the bullet wound was on the back side of his tight, the ghost laid unconscious on his stomach.

Jason walked away to grab everything he would need for this little surgery. He opened the first cabinet and took out some bandages and scissors. When he opened the second one, there were strings for sewing wounds and prolonged pliers for taking out bullets and shards. He put all those thing on a table near the bed when he realized he forgot one thing. He was missing one of the most important things, the disinfection spray.

Jason searched the all of the cabinets but he couldn't find the damn spray. He was in rush since the ectoranium was starting forming small green webs on Dan's skin. The young vigilante decided to start without it. His first priority was to take out the bullet to stop the spreading and then he would search more.

Jason grabbed the prolonged pliers, ready to take out the green bullet. When his skin touched Dan's hazmat suit, he instinctively retreated his hand because it was freezing. The bullet wasn't going to get out by itself so Jason neared the wound again, successfully taking out the green object.

Once the bullet was gone, the ghost muscles seemed to relax.

"Where's are the antiseptics?" Jason muttered under his breath as he was searching the room. Just as he was about to look elsewhere in the cave, he spotted the bottle which was lying right under his nose all the time. It was standing right on the table where he has put all of his things before.

"Idiot..." Jason cursed while he attended the wound. When he finished wrapping Dan's leg, he put away all the things he used back at their place so the next time, he won't have a problem with finding them.

The ghost wasn't going to wake up anytime soon so it was a good time now to clean the blood trails left on the floor. There was a bucket and a mop lying in the corner of the main platform since Bruce sometimes intend to come home with more than scratches, leaving his own trail of crimson red liquid.

It didn't take long to mop the place out but now, Jason was having a bigger problem. There were set up hidden cameras around the cave, watching the whole scene. He didn't even think about them before he went to talk to Dan and his hustle got him into a slightly bigger problem. Now he had to edit the security footage which wouldn't be that hard if he wasn't currently situated in the batcave.

"If Tim was here." Jason groaned, giving Dan a glance before he headed towards the computer. He sat in the comfy chair, searching for the hidden file with the caves security footage. For a long time, he couldn't find anything. He cursed quietly under his breath every time he opened the wrong file, getting more and more frustrated every second. The clock showed 11:24, startling Jason a little. He didn't realize when so much time had passed.

After about an hour, everything was finished. Jason let out a sight, being truly relieved that he finished it in time. Just as he was going to get something to eat, shifting could be heard from the infirmary indicating that their guest was waking up. Jason rushed towards the bed, standing right next to the stirring ghost.