1. Rebirth

I died, yet why is it that I can still hear? What is that blinding light?!

"It is a boy!"

"Princess, you have a son!"

From the room came sighs of relief. The princess, who just gave birth spoke softly with her trembling voice. "Let me see my dear son."

The maid held the young baby as she gave him to his mother. "He is beautiful."

Aron listened carefully. He looked at his tiny fingers and saw a very beautiful woman looking at him with gentle eyes. He scanned around the room and found that something was amiss. He has shrink! When he tried to speak, all that came was, "Wa wa wa wa!"

"Princess, the young master must be very happy to be held by you." The maid smiled.

[I didn't die! This is a sick joke! I can't believe I turned into a baby! Why.Did.I.Live!!!]

Before he could complain, a loud voice suddenly came from the entrance. "His masjesty, king of all demons, have come here to see the gifted child!"

Before Aron could react, the people in the room have already bowed down.

"Hail to the king, may you have an eternal fortune!"

The door opened with a loud bang. The king opened the door and the powerful aura attacked Aron. He felt suffocated, but he refused to cry. At least not in front of this man.

The man said, "Enough! Stand up!"

Everyone stood up the second the king demanded, however, they still kept their heads down afraid they would displease him.

The princess, who is also the king's sister welcomed him. "Your majesty."

"Have you thought of a name for him?" The king spoke directly to the point.

The princess trembled under the powerful gaze. "No...no, your majesty."

He looked down at the baby and grinned terrifyingly, "A pure blood? He has the blood of the legendary serpent king, how interesting."

When the princess heard the king, she grits her teeth. The thing she feared the most have finally come. The next second, the king ordered, "His name shall be Vlad Asmodeus."

"A-Asmodeus? B-but that is a name only of the royal blood." The princess looked at the king with an expression of unwillingness.

The king's powerful aura covered the whole room. His voice became terrifyingly cold and detached. "You dare disobey me?"

Unable to breathe, the Princess tightened her arms that held Aron.

"He is of the royal blood. Hear me, my subjects. From this moment on, in the kingdom of Hale; Vlad Asmodeus shall have the title of prince for he, has blood of the legendary serpent king. All should respect him." The king's voice resonated throughout the kingdom of demons.

At this moment, the princess bowed down in front of the king and yelled, "Please, your majesty! Do take back your command, as well as the name you have given him!"

"We servants ask for the king to take back the command!" Servants of the serpent clan bowed.