Secrets and Sixth Year

The kitchens although had chatter, were also relatively quite. Only one thought was on everyone's minds. The condition of (Y/N). After Snape arrived with the bloodied body of (Y/N) it caused lots of controversy. Harry and Sirius accused Snape of foul play, but by a wizards oath he provided his innocence. After that they spent a full day by his bedside.

Nicole wouldn't even eat, let alone sleep that day. It was obvious she was tired so Sirius took her to his chambers. Daphne and Hermione also stayed by his bed but left when it was time to sleep. That didn't mean they DID sleep though.

Suddenly, amongst all the chatter...a piano played. The tone was angelic and beautiful. Such a poetic feeling. It flowed like the gates of the heavens itself. Who was playing it ? Did anyone at least cast a spell ?

Nicole gasped causing everyonr to turn to her.

"What's wrong dear ?," Sirius asked worried. Nicole turned her tearful gaze to Sirius.

"I-It's (Y/N)...i taught him the piano."

It was as if on cue they heard slight laughter from a deep voice. It was definitely (Y/N). Sirius and Nicole instantly stood up and walked to the music room. Hermione looked to Daphne and put her hands on her mouth, with holding a gasp. Harry walked right behind Sirius with a blank look on his face.

Sirius slowly walked in with Nicole. Seemingly unnoticed by (Y/N) on the piano. Luna sat on the grand instrument, swinging her legs back and forth. Her radiant and wistful smile practically tugged everyone's hearts. Most didn't notice that however, as they all had eyes for one man on the piano.

"Clair de lune," Hermione muttured softly. Tears already down her cheeks. Shock was the only thing holding her back from tackling the boy down in hugs and kisses.

Once he played his final note, he turned his head to look at a smiling Luna. It seemed this was the moment he noticed them all.

_____________________________________
(Y/N) Pov

I looked at Luna with a smile on my face. She was right about playing to help my nerves after all. I didn't want my nerves and jitters to get in the way of how I truly felt. I was a survivor yes but a lucky one. I didn't want people to see me as this piece of fragile glass.

I felt a familiar presence behind me and I turned around with batted breath. My eyes came across a mountain of people standing by the door. My father who held a haunted and happy look. My mom who had a teary eyed smile. Daphne and Hermione, who were standing stock still. Finally, Harry stood with a lost and shocked feature.

"....Hey," I said. I slowly stood and Luna wrapped her hand in mine. This action caused my spirits to lift and a smile coming across my face. Once i looked back to my mom, I let go of Luna's soft fingers and slowly walked to my mom who inched toward me as well.

In a swept motion we crashed into a hug. Her tears wet her face immensely. She checked over my face and my body for injuries before beginning her speech.

"Don't EVER do that again," her voice hoarsed. Muffled into my embrace. I swallowed down any smart remark and nodded to her before I felt another pair of arms around me.

My father's.

"I was worried sick," he said into my ear. I seperated from the hug and looked at him.

"I'm sorry about trying to kill you earlier. I was just...you know."

"Yeah I know," Sirius smiled.

"I'm...willing to try and get to know you...Dad."

I stuck out my hand but he ignored it completely as he bear hugged the life out of me. He laughed and cried, muttering Thank you's along the way. My mom had her arm wrapped around my side. Circle patterns being rubbed into my back. We were a family right now. One true family. Something that each and everyone one of us prayed for and now it was here.