Chapter 13: The Dark Past Revealed

Jimin's P.O.V

"Jimin-ah, Let's go to the lake again!" Jungkook back-hugs me while I wash the dishes. We just finished eating breakfast and he wants to go to the lake again; I don't mind though. I nod and finish wiping the plate with a towel. I giggle as I feel Jungkook's raven locks tickling my left cheek; his chin is resting on top of my shoulder. He's really clingy but I don't mind, I'm becoming clingier too.

"Yes! Should I pack a few apples?" Jungkook offers and I nod. I pat his arms so he can let go of me and I'll be able to pack our snacks in a basket. He pecks my cheek before letting go of my arms and running outside of the house while shouting "I'll prepare Red!" I laugh at his actions even though my face is probably as red as those apples I'm holding in my hands.

When I finish preparing the basket, I walk out of the house and see Jungkook already mounting Red with a smile on his face. I can sense, he's really happy and I can sense how much he's looking forward to today. "Hurry up!" Jungkook pouts cutely and I giggle at his actions; he's acting like a little toddler.

"I'm going!" I fasten my walking pace and give him the basket so he can hold it while I carefully mount Red behind him. "You're letting me be in front?" Jungkook chuckles.

"That's not how this works Jimin, I'm always in the back and you're in front." He leans back and I can't help but smile embarrassedly. I wrap my arms around his waist and lean my head against his warm back. At least he can't see my face. Jungkook takes hold of the reigns and moves them so Red could begin to walk. "Red, we're going to the lake again." Jungkook speaks in a calm voice.

Red begins walking in direction of the lake and while we are on our way, I begin to feel uneasy. My mind starts to hurt badly, just like how it felt when Taehyung took off his necklace. I try not to make any sounds because I don't want Jungkook to know or worry. "Jimin??" Jungkook stops Red and turns his head around. I gulp and try not to seem in pain in front of him.

"What happened?" Jungkook's worried voice calms me down. He holds my hand and looks in my eyes. "It's okay. Breathe in. Breathe out..." He instructs me with his dark chocolate eyes never glancing away from mine.

I breathe in and breathe out slowly and the pain slowly dissolves. I sigh and scrunch my nose. "What happened?" He asks once again.

"J-Just felt a sudden headache" I stutter while avoiding meeting his eyes. I felt a flash of hurt coming from his emotions but I couldn't tell him... not yet.

"Jimin, Do you want to stop here or do you want to continue?" He asks, his soft voice mixed with worry and I point at the lake at the distance with my eyes. "Let's continue" The pain is fading. What could be the cause for this? As I question this to myself, Jungkook turns his head back at the front and Red resumes walking. I lean my right cheek against his back and close my eyes. I let myself become one with nature, I focus only on my sounds. I slower my breathing pace and hear Jungkook's heartbeat beating as a slow drum, the gusts of wind travelling along us, the sounds of Red's steps, the crushing sounds of twigs Red steps on, the sounds of birds chirping in the distance, and one of my favorite sounds; Jungkook's breathing that calms me down.

"We're here." I feel Red stopping and I open my eyes. I lift my head from his back and Jungkook unmounts Red with the basket I had given him earlier. He places the basket on the green grass and looks up at me. Very gently, Jungkook holds my hand in his and intertwines our fingers. I lift my right leg from the side and Jungkook's free hand holds my waist. He helps me unmounts Red and I glance back into Red's dark brown eyes. "Thanks Red. You can go eat a few of those apples; we will be here all day." She begins walking away towards a tree beside us and Jungkook crouches down so he can pick the basket. He carries the basket beside me, our fingers still intertwined. We sit in the rocks and Jungkook places the basket on top of the rock where he sat the last time we were here.