CHAPTER 20

ELLAYAH'S POV

"what? Akshya its not funny!" Akshaya called me to inform that Joshua went to Singapore a day earlier and got caught with an accident

"Im not! they brought him back here to Philippines already na, They'll bring him to the operation theatre any minute now, we need you Elly, please come"

"I'm on my way now, don't worry!"

I was getting my stuff ready when i heard a glass broke. Ruby was standing in front of me

"Ruby? are you okay?" I said running to her

"what's wrong? where are you going?" she said after listening to me on the phone.

"I'm going to visit Joshua, he got into an accident at Singapore, but he is here now at phil"

"what happened? how could he got into an accident when he is surrounded with full of guards, I think there must be a mistake. I don't think you should go Elly, Im scared!"

"ruby! you're gonna hurt yourself, ang daming bubug jan, stand up"

"don't leave me alone!"

"Ruby please, nothing is gonna happen to me, you need to trust me"

"i trust you but hmm...."

"can i come with you?" She said while widening her eyes.

"no Ruby, no"

"why not? I can accompany Claudia"

"NO!! I don't want you to get involved"

she remainded silent. few minutes later she ran to her room and took a jade bracelet.

"use this, my lola gave me this bracelet when i was little. she said it protects someone from harm"

I try so much to control my laughter but still ended up burst out laughing. She keep staring at me like a small innocent kid.

I took a deep breath and continued "i love you for worrying about me, it shows how much you love me but don't worry love, I'll bring this bracelet with me along. don't worry I'll be back home soon" I said while kissing her on her forehead

"you know what? why don't you bake something for claudia, I'll pass it to her on the second meet" I said

"yes i should, she should be so worried now." ruby said while tilting her head down

"yes my love, stop worrying and try helping"

"sure honey, i love you"

"iloveyoutoo love"

RUBY'S POV

as expected Elly didn't call me at all. I keep calling Akshaya to update me about Sir Joshua. I learned that he is in a state of coma now and at the same time, Claudia is pregnant.

I felt really bad that she had to go through this while she is pregnant.

/phone rings/

"hello?"

"baby, how are you?"

"Elly? where have you been?" I asked. he haven't came home since yesterday

"i uhm"

"what?"

"i went to investigate about the incident, like you said it seems like its all planned out, charmaine is helping me out in this"

"wait what? charmaine, Joshua's ex? you!! why are you letting me know everything last minute? I never liked Charmaine, she cheated on Joshua and seduced Brandon. Now you are teaming up with her!"

"chill baby, she is here to help and nothing else, I'll be home back soon, don't worry love"

"don't worry my ass, if i know you're doing some naughty business with her, i swear I'll kill her!"

"oh so, you don't trust me?"

"I don't trust her!"

"chill, gosh! I'll be home soon"

"joshu-"

he cut of my calls, fuxking bastard

10.57pm

//crack sound//

//water dripping sound//

//glass broken sound//

"who the fuck was that?"

I first heard a crack sound and thought it was the cat or something, I tried to sleep back because i thought  it was just me imagining stuff but then heard water dripping. It was weird but I tried to ignored it as well but boy I definitely couldn't fucking sleep when i hear like someone was breaking the glass.

I tip toed to the living room with a bat with me. It was pitch black and I heard our refrigerator door shut roughly. I walk towards the kitchen and I heard someone burping. I immediately hit the unknown person with the bat.

"you theft! what are you doing in my kitchen!" I yelled to scare him

"Ouch Ruby! What the fuck!"

"huh? who is this?"

"it's me Elly! why did you hit me?"

"omg! i didn't... why the fuck you were eating with the lights off?" I instantly regret hitting him.

"we're having a power failure, blackout and i don't even know why but I was hungry so i came here to eat"

"i uhm......sorry! you okay? where are you? I can't see you!"

"how would i be fine? when you hit me right exact on my face"

all of sudden the power is back. I feel stupid to hit him. his eyes is swollen as fuck .

"I'm really sorry... wait let me get you some ice to lessen the swell"

i took some ice and wrap it in a handkerchief, slowly rubbing on his swollen eyes.

"ouch, puta naman ruby"

"sorry naman! hindi ko naman alam!"

"wait, wait i need to pee"

you received a text message

"Elly someone texted you!"

"ya i almost forget he can't hear too. why is it on vibrate tho? hmm let me see."

Charmaine: hey, i just wanted to apologize for seducing you in the past. I was a kid that was blind with money and I hope things go well with Ruby, I'll apologize if it's needed.

"ELLYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!''

"What the fuck? what???"

"i swear if you go and meet charmaine one more time, i will burn your fav car Ellayah Reyes! mark my words"

"wait what happened? she texted me?"

"yes! she used to try to seduced you? well try to do it now! I make sure she goes bold back home"

"wait wait! don't simply jump into a conclusion okay? first of all, she did that to take a revenge on Joshua back then. second of all, I would never hook up with my brother's ex girlfriend. third of all, I'm not interested with her."

"and so?...... i still don't like her!"

"what is wrong with you? you keep yelling like a psycho!"

"me? psycho? we'll see how psycho am I. just wait and see!" I said while throwing the ice on his eyes on purpose.

"ouch! the fuck Ruby?"