Chapter 22 <Esmeralda>

My legs were sore and my ass throbbed painfully. I sat up in bed, groaning with a small pout of regret. When I woke up, Magnus was still knocked out next to me. It took me a good amount of time to actually escape his death grip.

"Ouch! Fuck!" I hissed, my palm pressing against my lower back as a sudden pain shot up my body. Magnus groaned next to me and woke up as I cursed.

"Shit, Esme," He muttered in a deep husky voice. "Lay back down, on your side," Magnus slowly pulled me back and wrapped his warm arms around my waist. His touch made the pain dull and replaced it with tingles.

"Are you okay?" Magnus murmured softly, cupping my face to stroke my cheek.

"Yes..." I sighed, "I'm okay. I just forgot about the pain afterwards...." I admitted, shivering as his finger tips grazed over my spine and then ass. Magnus hummed lowly in response and brought his hand up to hold my shoulder. My arms remained tucked into my chest.

"I could get you some pain killers or at least something for you to eat," He replies, leaning in to place gentle kisses along my neck. I shook my head.

"No, I'm okay. I can deal with it." Magnus pulled away and arched a brow at me.

"Baby, that's not your decision. I'm going to get up now. Stay in bed and rest, m'kay?" He ordered. I would've opened my mouth to give him a remark so rude, he'd probably spank me again, but I didn't. For some odd reason, I just couldn't "hate" him anymore. At least, I couldn't pretend to. Not after last night. Or the past few days.

"...Okay," I whispered and smiled weakly as his kissed my cheek. I could get use to this. To being loved, if this is what that is.

"Good boy," He hummed, getting up and leaving with a pair of sweats on. My head felt clear and giddy as my memories ran through last night for me. My hand draped itself over my mouth.

"I'm such a fool," I whispered. "Master, I called him Master." I'm such an idiot. I gave into him way too easily. The gods above have officially molded me into a fool who falls way to easily. The life I have here is so laid back and relaxed while my life back with my parents was filled wit chaos. We were always on the run, buying mansions and mades. Going to auctions and letting my body be the center of a room filled orgy. Diets. More diets. Parties. Drug testings. Just, everything was so tiring and I finally realize how much I hated it all.

I finally had enough time to just sit back, relax, and think about it all. And I laughed to myself with bitterness. Maybe being such a fool wasn't bad. This wasn't bad at all. Waking up to a handsome face like that and being told to rest. Being kissed with affection. Being someone's soulmate. It seemed like only a fairy to my past self and now I had it in the palm of my hands. I didn't mind watching carter and Olivia together. Magnus was kind and didn't spit on me or force me to do shit I didn't want to do. He treated me with....respect.

God, I didn't even know what that felt like until now.

I heard a ringing coming from my left, so I looked over to see Magnus' phone. I frowned and glanced around before slowly picking it up and looked at the screen.

"Fuck, I wish I could actually read," I whispered. Before I could actually put it back down, my fingers grazed the screen. They accidentally tapped a couple of buttons which answers the call then put it on speaker.

Oh shit.

"Magnus?" I tensed. That voice. I know that voice. Why was Carlos Alvarez calling Magnus? My lips pressed to together as I remained silent. I shuddered as he gave a low chuckle.

"Is this my little gatito?" He purred. "Don't be shy, Esmeralda. I know it's you. What has that man been doing with you, huh? Has he been treating you right? Gatito?" Carlos chimed. "We're coming for you, don't worry. You'll be with me again, I just have to convince Magnus. Don't you worry, you'll be with me in bed soon!"

I lurched forward and grabbed the phone, a feeling of nausea over came me and I hung up. The phone fell to the ground as I sat over, clamping both my hands over my mouth. My body shook with fear vigorously and I broke out into sobs. "N-No," I sobbed. "No!"

"Esmeralda!" Magnus called from behind the door. I could hear his footsteps grow closer, rushing to me in a frantic state. The door swung open and there stood he, who held a tray of food in his hands. He placed the tray on the side table and sat on the edge of the bed.

"Was it another nightmare?" He asked before pausing as he spotted the phone on the ground. "....He called....did you answer?" Magnus whispered to me knowingly. I shook my head in defiance.

"Esmeralda, did you answer to phone call?" He asked seriously. My eyes teared up and I flung myself onto him desperately. My arms wrapped securely around his neck and I cried into his chest.

"Please, don't take me back to them. Please, I'm begging you. Don't listen to Carlos, he's a liar, he lies. He breaks promises and he's a liar!" I cried, "Just don't take me back, I'm begging you. I don't want to ever go back there. I want to stay here, with you!" I looked up at him. Magnus stared down at me with care and love. Anger, as well.

"I will never, ever give you to them." He whispered. "You're mine. You belong to my heart and soul. You're too important to me, you're my boyfriend after all. Right?" Magnus gave me a gentle smile which also gave off a sheepish vibe. My lips quirked up slowly.

"Yeah. You're right." I agreed.

"Of course I am. Is that what he said to you? That he would take you away from me?" I nodded and he scoffed.

"If he's such a big liar like you claim, you shouldn't believe so easily. I'd die before anyone got to touch you like he has-"

"I don't want you to die," I blurted. Magnus grinned and wiped my tears away.

"Fine then. He'll die. Better?" He smirked gently and kissed my cheek as I nodded.

"Be...Better. Better," I repeated.

"Alright, good. Now eat up. It's time for another session with Adam today," Magnus mumbled gently. I nodded softly and ate in silence as he watched me.

"Did you say anything to him?" He asked gently. I shook my head.

"No...I didn't mean to answer the phone. I was just looking at it and my finger touched it and then..." I sighed quietly. "I hung up on him. He was laughing at me." I mumbled. Magnus hummed and nodded.

"I'm sorry that happened. It wasn't your fault. I appreciate you telling me the truth," Magnus admitted. I smiled gently and finished up my breakfast. We both got ready after Magnus took the dishes back down stairs. He held my arm gently, making sure I didn't fall from the pain in my hips.

"You're really adorable in bed," Magnus hummed as we walked down the hall towards Adams office door. I blushed slowly and looked at him. He grinned, wiggling his eyebrows down at me. I held back a laugh and rolled my eyes.

"Shut up," I said. Magnus narrowed his eyes playfully.

"Watch your mouth, Esmeralda. You're mine now remember?" He stated.

"...Yeah. I remember..."