Carrie

Stefan and Lorenzo were friends. Not the closest ones but they were on the same football team which made them spend a lot of time together. That is another reason, other than not being in the mood to talk about it, that I didn't tell him what happened. The football games were quite a big deal at our school and in order to beat teams from other schools and cities, the team had to keep together. But it's when I went to school the next day that I found out that Stefan didn't share my opinion.

My brother went to school before as he had an early morning practice so I left home later and alone. Usually on days like that I would meet up with my group of friends - Jessica, Carl and Hannah. However that morning I didn't find them at our usual hangout spot so I went earlier to a class where I had my first lesson. Inside there was no one apart from some nerdy people. I sat at my usual place and took my phone to check if there were any messages in our group chat. The last message was sent a day ago so I just decided to revise what we did in class the week before.

As the time for the lesson got closer, more and more students came in filling the class. My friends were among them, and when I saw them I waved and smiled. Usually they would sit next to me and tell me all about their weekend but this time they just gave a me a little smile and sat somewhere else. I found it a bit odd but I didn't give it much thought as I expected an explanation after. I thought that probably something happened and they would tell me all about it later. The rest of the class seemed weird as well. No one was sitting near me and everyone gave me awkward glances. My brain didn't register that something might have been wrong about me, so I just ignored it all and focused on my lesson. After it was finished, to my surprise, my friends left without waiting for me. Hannah and Carl had the next hour free, and Jessica and I had another lesson. We all had different subjects and the only class in which we were all four together was that first one, which was maths. I decided to speak to Jessica during our next lesson but when I went for it I found that she skipped it.

The awkward glances increased and I felt everyone's eyes on me. I even saw some people whispering and looking my way, but I convinced myself that I was imagining things. I suffered from paranoia so I thought it was just one of my paranoid episodes. After that second lesson I went again to our hangout spot to find all my friends there. I smiled at them and approached them but they all quietly gathered their things to leave.

"Where are you guys going?" I asked still smiling.

"Sorry Violet, we are in a rush." Hannah spoke and everyone simply left. I stood there shocked as they walked away without any other word. They didn't seem to be in a rush before they saw me. I took out my phone and sent a message to our group chat asking what was going on but no one replied. Realising I had nothing else to do apart from wait for them to explain, I walked up to my locker to take out some books and study.

When I opened my locked a bunch of papers was inside. I took one of them and saw there was written 'whore' on it. I checked another one to find the same same word in a different hand writing. I began to quickly flip the other papers seeing that on all of them there was some sort of insult, and the papers seemed to be from different people. Some people stopped to watch me as I became more and more upset. I realised that all their eyes were on me and that all the awkward glances that morning were meant for me, I didn't imagine anything. I felt so confused and upset and angry. I had no idea what caused all this and as I thought of what to do next, a random guy shouted, "It's nice losing your virginity with two guys, isn't it Violet?"

"I heard it was bloody." Another guy added. I stared at them in shock while everyone around laughed. I rushed out from that hall determined to find my brother.

He was in the canteen with his football friends. Stefan was there too. As I approached they all laughed except Lorenzo who gave them a confused look.