THE RAVEN BOYS P.2

Ronan shoved himself from beneath the car and stared up at Adam. He'd let his five o'clock shadow become a multiday shadow, probably to spite Gansey's inability to grow facial hair. Now he looked like the sort of person women would hide their purses and babies from.  (ch. 20) (Adam POV)

"What is your plan with these things anyway?" Adam asked.

Ronan smiled his lizard smile. "Ramp. BMW. The goddamn moon."

This was so like Ronan. His room inside Monmouth was filled with expensive toys, but, like a spoiled child, he ended up playing outside with sticks.

"The trajectory you're building doesn't suggest the moon," Adam replied. "It suggests the end of your suspension."

"I don't need your back talk, science guy."

He probably didn't. Ronan didn't need physics. He could intimidate even a piece of plywood into doing what he wanted. (ch. 20)

"What's your malfunction, anyway?" Ronan asked (ch. 20)

"I didn't even realize that 'midget' was the Adam Parrish type," he said.

He wasn't being serious, but Adam was, all at once, fatigued with Ronan and his uselessness. Since the day of the fistfight at Nino's, Ronan had already gotten several notices in his student box at Aglionby, warning him of the dire things slated to befall him if he didn't begin to improve his grades. If he didn't begin attempting to get grades.Instead, Ronan was out here building ramps. (ch. 20)

Two years earlier, Adam had made his decision to come to Aglionby, and, in his head, it was sort of because of Ronan. (ch. 20)

Adam must not have truly expected to get Blue on the phone, because the surprise he felt when he heard her voice made his stomach feel hollowed out. Ronan was smirking in a way that made him want to punch his arm.

"Exploring. Do you want to come with?"

Ronan's eyes widened. No matter what she said now, the phone call had been worth it for the genuine shock on Ronan's face. (ch. 20)

Ronan, the raven boy who was more raven boy than the others, was already installed in a window seat. He didn't smile when he looked up. Adam, punching Ronan's arm, took the middle seat, while Blue took the remaining window seat. (ch. 21) (Blue POV)

Ronan said, "I'm always straight."

Adam replied, "Oh, man, that's the biggest lie you've ever told." (ch. 22) (Gansey POV)

"Adam." This was Ronan's voice, and she heard Adam's footsteps moving cautiously and slowly around the edge of the pool toward it. The sound of snapping branches became softer as he moved farther away.(ch. 23) (Blue POV)