12

It's been well over 24 hours since I've last seen or heard from either of the three Mikaelson siblings. I've assumed they're all together trying to settle this, well, at least I think Elijah is.

However, it turns out Rebekah did come back to New Orleans with Marcel to fetch the witch Davina. They killed one of the witches that came back from the dead and as of now, Davina is back and living. That's the most I've heard, but other than that, it's been silent.

A small sigh falls out of my lips as I look down from the balcony, my hands stretched out to hold onto the metal railings. The night sky stares down at me and a small breeze of wind brushes past against me.

The lights from other buildings and streetlights shine throughout the city and it truly is a stunning view.

"I've always imagined the two of us on a balcony together beneath the New Orlean's lights."

My heels spin at the sound of his voice. Klaus stands there with his hands behind his back. My eyes travel with his every move until he's next to me on the balcony, except his eyes are looking at the view like I was not long ago.

"Rebekah. Is she-"

"I let her go," he simply responds and a small smile appears on my face along with a sigh of relief. "She has the freedom I should've gaven her ages ago." he then adds.

"Thank you." I tell him softly, turning my attention back to the streets down below me.

"Maya," I hear his voice grow more serious. "I need to apologize."

"Klaus, you don't have to..." I turn back to him, reassuring him. He shakes his head as his eyes burn into mine. "No, Maya. Let me explain."

"I've kept track of those who hurt you over the years and I wanted to keep your pain minimal, however, I've hurt you more than those who hurt you and I'm sorry." he tells me, his voice showing compassion, which almost made my heart melt.

"Truth is, I was so frustrated that my siblings have decided to go against me and I took it out on you. There's no excuse for what I did, but I want to make it up to you."

"You don't have to apologize. I have already forgiven you..." I trail on, revealing the truth. My response seemed to offend him, "How could you possibly do that? I don't deserve your forgiveness. Not after what I've done to you."

"Because I love you," Those words fall out of my lips, causing his head to snap up with a small warm smile. I wanted to divulge this to him, so he understands completely.

Silence fills the balcony, but it was nice and peaceful. His hand touches my arm and my attention turns to him and he leans in closer, whispering softly. "I broke us and I'm willing to fix us. You just have to let me," he says and I nod softly.

He plants a kiss on my cheek, his next words as soothing as they can be. "I love you too,"

§

I slip on a pair of high heels, sighing as I proceed to get ready for the party Elijah decided to throw. Something along the lines of wanting peace with everyone. This included the humans, vampires, witches, and even the werewolves.

Ever since Hayley was able to get the cure for her family from Celeste, they want control of New Orleans as well. As if now, the werewolves are able to walk on their barefoot freely for the rest of their lives besides turning on every full moon... Their Crescent curse was broken.

Speaking of Hayley, she's been staying at the bayou for the past month. I didn't want to force her to stay here when the only reason why she's carrying my child was to find her family. And when she did, I didn't want to take that from her. However, I have been doing daily check ups on her and the baby and everything seems fine for now.