Eleven

I regained consciousness to find myself hanging from a piece of building by webs. I then heard grunts of fighting coming from below, and looked down to see Thanos repeatedly punching Tony with his gauntlet hand. I watched as Thanos picked him up, and threw him across the floor using the power stone. My anger grew within me, and I struggled to get out of the webs so I could help Tony in anyway I could. Eventually, I managed to get my knife from my thigh and cut away the web from around me. I dropped to the ground, which luckily wasn't that much of a drop. I then took my shield from my back and ran as fast as I could towards the fight. But even with the serum in my blood, I was only fast enough to get close enough when Thanos plunged a sharp blade into Tony's side. I gasped and stopped running at that point, in complete shock over what just happened.

"Tony!" I shouted, starting to run again. But Thanos pushed me back with the power stone again, making me land on the floor with a grunt. A pain in my head was felt, and I lifted my hand to feel a cut on my forehead, blooding coming from it.

"You have my respect, Stark." I heard Thanos say. "When I'm done, half of humanity will still be alive. I hope they remember you." Blood started trickling from Tony's mouth and I fought my head pain to start to try and stand. A tear ran down my cheek as I watched Thanos aim his gauntlet straight at Tony to finish him off.

"Stop!" Stephen shouted, and Thanos paused, looking over to him. "Spare his life, and I will give you the stone."

"No tricks." Thanos replied, and Stephen shook his head. But if he was given the stone, there's no telling the havoc he could wreck. But then if he didn't, Tony would die. Not long ago he was talking about even letting me die for the stone. And yet here we was offering it to save Tony. Maybe he saw something in that one chance that changed everything for him. It was the only explanation.

"Don't." Tony urged Stephen, but he ignored him and raised his hand, making the stone appear in between his forefinger and thumb.

"Stephen." I could only whisper, straining to stand as the stone travelled it's way to Thanos. Thanos took the stone and attached it to his gauntlet, feeling the new power he had been giving and revelling in it.

"One to go." Thanos commented, looking over the stones in his gauntlet. Then shots came from behind, with Quill flying in and shooting at Thanos. But Thanos used the stones to get away in a portal of his own. Away to find Vision probably.

"Where is he?" Quill demanded, aiming his gun around. I narrowed my eyes at him and hobbled my way towards Tony. I dropped on my knees in front of him whilst he patched himself up with something from his suit. I looked over his shoulder at Stephen.

"So much for not hesitant to let any of us die." I said to him, and he sighed.

"Did we just lose?" Quill asked.

"No thanks to you." I found myself saying before I wiped blood from Tony's cheek with my sleeve.

"Ash." Tony said softly, but my anger was rising.

"If you kept your cool, we wouldn't be here." I said to Quill, and his shoulders slumped. "We had one chance and you blew it. So if any of my loved ones die, I'm blaming you!" I looked right at him when I said that, so he knew I was being absolutely serious. I then turned back to Tony and wiped more blood from his face, his breathing heavy as he looked over his shoulder to Stephen.

"Why would you do that?" He asked. Stephen swallowed before answering.

"We're in the endgame now." It what he simply said. Tony shook his head in disagreement then grabbed my hand so I could help him up to his feet.

Eventually, the others came to join us, with Quill helping Mantis down some steps as Peter came next to me to check on Tony himself. I looked up and noticed a storm beginning to rumble above. Seeing the change in scenery, made a bad feeling start to appear deep in my stomach.