[7] "Little Dove"

I WAKE groaning, wincing because my head pounds like I just got run over. Everything feels bleary and my mouth is dry. There's minimal sunlight seeping through the curtains and I clamp my eyes shut. I knew last night the hangover was going to be vicious. Last night I drank more than I have in a long time.

I look to my left, cracking my eyes open a little and spotting a couple pills and bottled water sitting on the nightstand. The sight makes me crack the slightest glare even through my pain. Does she think I can't handle my shit? Irrational anger clouds my judgement. Raven must've woken up and set that there for me. I take the pills and pop them back anyways, swallowing them down with a few gulps of water. I take a few more sips, minutely grateful for the liquid.

Last night comes back as soon as the pounding fades a bit. I came here fucked up, drunk off my ass. I knew Raven was going to be here alone and stumbled down the hall. I honestly didn't know who's room I was going to end up in, but it was probably for the better I ended up here. Although she did try to hit me with a paperweight.

I sit up, grimacing and holding my head. Jesus Christ I must've gotten really fucked last night. It wasn't because I broke up with Leila, but because I was finally free and just wanted to get shit-faced. And let me tell you...

It was worth it.

     I don't normally let myself loose like that and get so fucked up, but I made a split second decision for once in my life.

I smell some bacon which draws me out of the bed, my legs swing over the side. Before I stand, I take a look around the room. I've never been in Raven's room before so this is all new to me. I knew she liked the Pittsburgh Penguins, but have never seen her merch. She's got pictures and newspaper clippings. She also has Sidney Crosby jerseys and a penguins blanket.

In some odd way it makes me...I don't know...feel something. All I know is that I need to shake off this hangover.

I get on my feet, taking another gulp of water and taking the bottle with me to the kitchen. I know the layout of the Micheals' house pretty well, but drunk me just got too fucked up I guess to make it anywhere.

I stumble downstairs, hoping Leila didn't come home from her friend's house early. I don't have the energy to deal with her shit right now and frankly I'd probably snap and make Raven rightfully scared of me. Last night she was like a scared little dove, squeakin at everything I did. I didn't peg her for one to believe everything she hears, but I push that away, steeling myself back to normal. I need to plan for Leila. She probably thinks she's going to get me to get back together with her, but I was sober when I made my decision. My plan to be with her never even worked out anyways. If anything, it completely backfired.

Thank god it's all over now.

"Hey, you're up," I hear Raven say.

I turn my attention to her as she concentrates on the stove. She didn't even look up. Anger spikes through me at her idiocy.

"What if I was some random stranger? You would've never known," I say, leaning against the door jamb.

"Oh-I-I would've-"

She turns around, but stops short. I see her gaze wander. She only falters for a second before picking up where she left off.

"-known either way," she says, caution thick in her tone.

I look down at my shirtless torso. So Raven Micheals isn't immune to me. I smirk to myself. She's still a flighty little dove though.

"Like what you see?" I ask, voice void of humor.