Chapter 134: Back to Reality

The walk home was in comfortable silence, hands held tightly until they entered their home. It was late now, the sky dark and the inside of the house dark as well. Tasha hummed as she pulled her jacket off, hanging it on the coat rack before walking into the bedroom where Connor was already pulling his clothes off.

"Someone's eager." She teased as she leaned against his bare back, peppering gentle kisses to his synthetic skin.

"I'm just happy to be home with you." Connor replied, turning to gaze down at her, his chocolate brown eyes beautiful in the moonlight that just barely lit their room.

"I'm happy too." Tasha smiled as she let Connor unzip her dress, before the two lied down on their bed. She let out a giggle as Connor began to lightly tickle the sides of her stomach. "Connor!"

He smiled, deciding instead to rest his palm flat against her slightly protruding belly. He slowly sat up as his LED whirled as he analyzed every piece of data he could about her body and the life forming inside of her. This was the first time Connor was able to connect to their baby, and he felt his emotions heightening as he truly realized that this was a life they had created together.

"The baby is doing well." He pulled Tasha against his chest as he laid back, his artificial heart beating in perfect harmony with hers.

"What kind of readings does it give you?" Tasha wondered as she curled into his body.

"Vital signs. Practically everything the same as any human or Android I could analyze."

"What about gender?"

Connor hummed as he pressed a kiss to her forehead. "No readings have provided me with that intel just yet."

Tasha pouted her lips. "Will you tell me when you're able to know?"

"Now," Connor gazed down at her. "Why would I do that?"

"Connor!" Her lips pouted even more. "Becaaaaause! It wouldn't be fair..."

"Very well, my love. When I know the gender of our child I will tell you."

Tasha gave him a gentle kiss but before Connor could deepen it she pulled back and pressed her finger to his lips. "Connor... you haven't told Hank yet, have you?"

"No, I have not." He replied as he kissed her collarbone. "Why do you ask?"

"Well... we need to tell him! I mean, with Gavin knowing... it's gonna get out there eventually."

"No offence, Tash, but if anyone is going to let slip it would be you."

Tasha slapped his chest playfully.

"Rude!"

•••