67

ARIA RAISES HER head up from Daryl's lap, her eyes gazing around

ARIA RAISES HER head up from Daryl's lap, her eyes gazing around. She's not sure if she dreamt the walkers almost getting in the barn or what, she's really confused. Shaking her head, she raises to her feet, stretching her arms above her head. As she walks towards the door, Michonne looks towards Aria, an eyebrow quirked. "Where are you going?" Aria presses her lips together, her cheeks turning red as she realizes everyone is looking at her. Should she really tell everyone she has to go pee or?

"I have to go pee." Aria whispers before pulling open the barn door and rushing out, hearing some laughter boom from the barn. The barn door slams shut behind Aria and she gently steps over some fallen trees, avoiding the walkers around them. Once hidden by the trees, Aria pulls her pants down and does her business.

A stick cracks behind her and Aria jumps to her feet, turning around to be met with a guy. Letting out a startled scream, Aria hastily pulls her pants up, buckling her jeans. "Oh my god—i'm so sorry!" The man apologizes, his body turning around. "Who are you?" She asks, her eyes wide in terror as the man slowly turns back around, his cheeks bright red. "Uh—my name is Aaron.. I'm sorry I startled you. But I'm a friend." Aria gulps as she nibbles on her bottom lip. Rushing forward, she pulls the backpack off his shoulder before patting him down, pulling a gun out of his pants. "I'm Aria."

"Follow me." Aria utters, cocking the small pistol in her hand, motioning for him to follow her, her cheeks still bright red. "I have a place and I was hoping you and your group would come back with me." Aria shrugs her shoulders, glancing behind her. "You have to take that up with my leader."

Gently pushing open the barn door, Aria peeks her head in, clearing her throat as she catches the attention of everyone. "We got a problem.." Aria trails off, pushing the barn door fully open to show Aaron. Some of the group rushes forward, pulling Aria out of the way and yanking Aaron into the barn. Daryl's eyes run over Aria's body as he makes sure she's not harmed or anything. "I met him outside. From what I seen, he's by himself. I took his weapon and his bag."

Aaron looks around hesitantly and Aria walks forward, handing Rick the loaded pistol. "Hi." Aaron speaks up and Judith begins to cry as the baby turns towards Carl. Walking back towards Daryl, Aria pulls her own pistol out, holding it tightly in her hand. She doesn't really know if Aaron is a good guy or not but he didn't try anything when he had a clear view of her ass so—she would like to believe he's decent. Aaron takes a step forward, holding his hand out. "It's nice to meet you." The stranger hears a gun cock and he raises his arm back up, gulping.

"He says he has a camp nearby." Aria tells Rick, her head tilting slightly. She would honestly love to go but that means meeting new people and that's the one part Aria despises. "Um — it's not a camp. It's a community. I think you all would make valuable. But it's not my call. My job is to convince you all to follow me back home." Aaron explains, correcting Aria's mistake. Pursing her lips, Aria shifts all her weight onto one foot, turning towards Rick. "I know. If I were you, I wouldn't go either. Not until I knew exactly what I was getting into. Aria — can you hand Rick my pack?"

Aria nods, shrugging the bag off her shoulder and advancing forward, setting the bag in Rick's awaiting hand. "Front pocket. There's an envelope." Aria moves back towards her spot next to Daryl, her eyes studying the brown backpack. "There's no way I could convince you to come with me just by talking about our community. That's why I brought those. I apologize in advance for the picture quality. We just found an old camera store last—" Aria's eyes convert over to his fondling hands and she frowns; he's nervous and scared, but who wouldn't be? "Nobody give a shit." Daryl grumbles and Aria sends her boyfriend a small glare.

The two are complete opposites, yet they still managed to fall in love. "You're absolutely 100% right." Aaron utters as he turns to look back at Daryl. Rick rummages through the pictures that were available, his eyes glued to them.

"That's the first picture I wanted to show you because nothing I say about our community will matter unless you know you'll be safe. If you join us, you will be. Each panel in that wall is a 15 foot high, 12 foot wide slab of solid steel; framed by cold-rolled steel beams and square tubing. Nothing alive or dead gets through that without our say-so. Like I said, security is obviously important. In fact, there's only one resource more critical to our community's survival. The people—together we're strong. You can make us even stronger. The next picture, you'll see inside the gates."

Rick marches forward and before Aria can try to stop anything, Aaron is on the ground, knocked out cold. Aria shoves her gun in her holster, crouching down next to him, her jaw clenched.

What the hell happened to officer friendly?