fourteen

True to his word the next day Ryder helped me write up a resume and took me to Oceanview Cafe to hand in my resume.

Jay had been there and he instantly smiled when I walked through the cafe entrance.

"Flo! I'm so happy you're handing it in, I'll give it to my manager straight away." he said excitedly as he scurried out back to where I imagine the manager's office is.

I was going to wait for Jay to come back but Ryder had rudely managed to tug me out of the store.

"You're so rude." I grumble as I get on the back of his motorbike.

"Cheer up gorgeous." He said as he sped off quickly making me grab onto his waist for dear life.

Not even a day or two later, I got a call saying that Oceanview cafe was very thankful for me bringing in my resume and wanted me to do a trial day, they wanted me to come in at 7 o'clock the next day and that would determine whether I get the job or not.

I was over the moon about the huge possibility I would get the job, Ryder was still not the happiest about it but he supported me anyway, which I was grateful for.

7 o'clock the next day came fast, I made sure I got there five minutes early and that I looked my best, I wore black leggings and a plain black shirt with my hair tied into a high ponytail.

I was met at the front desk by the manager whose name was Carly and she told me that I would be taking orders, collecting dishes, cleaning the tables and bringing out the customers orders.

She walked me through the basics, like what to say and how to hold the trays, she told me that if I needed any help to ask jay and that he will basically be by my side the whole day.

A few hours later I had only managed to get one customers order wrong, I according to the customer didn't write down 'no pickles' on her son's cheeseburger.

It wasn't my fault I wrote it down and to be fair the kid had already had two burgers and clearly didn't need another, but I managed to keep calm and take it back and get the chef to make a new one.

After taking six more coffee orders and cleaning off three tables I noticed a very familiar face sitting in my section of the cafe. Blue piercing eyes and a smile plastered to his face.

"Hey Jace, what can I get you?" I asked a little confused.

"Flo? since when did you work here? I've never seen you here before." He said with a surprised expression.

"I don't work here, this is a trial day to see if I get the job here." I explained with a smile.

"Oh nice, I'll get a vanilla milkshake and a piece of chocolate cake." He said looking down at his phone.

"Okay, I'll be right back." I said as I quickly joted down his order.

I made my way back to the counter and gave Jay the order so he could make the milkshake. I lent down to grab a piece of the chocolate cake when Jace started to talk.

"Whos your friend?" Jay asked with a smirk.

"Oh that's Jace he's a friend from school." I said placing the cake neatly on a plate and then on a tray.

"Just a friend?" he asked wriggling his eyebrows.

"Get your head out of the gutter." I laughed as he placed the milkshake on the tray.

I made my way back over to Jace and placed the plate and cup down in front of him, he thanked me as I walked away as I grabbed a plate from and table and quickly wiped it down.