09

Chapter Nine | Flake Out On Me

Of-fucking-course I'd accidentally send a nude to Aries Lockhart. The universe has this weird way of making sure that every possible bad thing happens to me. My life is the living embodiment of Murphy Law.

I was panicking, my heart was beating at a thousand beats per minute, my mouth dry and at a loss for words. I had nothing to say as I stared down at my phone with my wide eyes and my mouth agape.

"No. No. No!" I began to repeat, my words becoming nothing but gibberish after a while as I tried everything — literally anything to make sure the message hadn't went through, but when I seen that delivered notification, I felt my heart stop.

My body weakened and I felt myself collapsing onto the bed. I stared up at the ceiling numb, my grip on my phone loosening as the realization of what just happened sunk in. Did I really just send a freaking nude photo of myself to Aries Lockhart? This can't be real life, this is a dream and when I close my eyes I'm going to wake up in my bed with saliva in the corner of my mouth, and crust in my eyes.

I closed my eyes tight — too tight actually, it felt like I was about to rip my eyelids from my eyebrows, but if that's the price I have to pay to wake up from this surreal nightmare than so be it.

I shot open my eyes still finding my white ceiling staring down at me. I brought my phone to my face to see the nude photo still sitting unread in Aries's messages.

"FUCK!"

I threw my phone on the floor as I lashed out at myself. With my hands rolling down my face slowly, I let out a groan, burying my face into my bed sheets as I let out another silent scream.

Okay, relax. I took a deep breath and slowly exhaled as I tried to not let my anxiety take over and make things worse than they already are. Jumping up off the bed, I began to pace around the room. Endless scenarios and outcomes filled my head as to what could happen after this situation.

One; Aries could be asleep right now or have his phone on do not disturb and hopefully won't care to check his messages until tomorrow morning where I can easily run up to him, snatch his phone and delete the message before he could even see it.