o51

(A/n: Listen to the song attached ^^ while reading (for better experience ;n; ) )

C H A P T E R
F I F T Y - O N E

I woke up, not because it was morning, in fact, it was still past midnight. I woke up because of the cold, maybe, or because of the lack of blanket that was covering our naked bodies.

But I was just sure I needed to wake up. That I needed to keep alert. It's like my body had cut off my sleep for me to keep my eyes open, to heighten my senses, to be ready. Because, in front of me, Yuta was shaking.

He was a turmoil figure, an everlasting distress of agitation. It's like there's an earthquake deep within his core, and the couch we're lying at was the seafloor. Overall leading to a churning and freezing seabed that consisted of an incognizant girl and a mourning boy.

My senses intensified, feeling myself drown into his quiet whimpers. My body was tired and exhausted after the coupling, but everything's about him tonight.

I wrapped my arms around his naked torso and pressed us together under the blanket, whispering, "It's okay," I kissed his shoulder blade. "It's okay, Yuta." Another kiss. "You can cry."

Then he tore apart like a glass. He was a million gasps and broken sound, a neverending spasm of torment. His body curled like a shell and it ruined me. I was as sad as he was, as broken as he was, because I could feel his emotions, I could feel every tremble of his body, hear every cry that he tried to muffle with his teeth, see every tear of crystal that fell from his eyes.

I squeezed my eyes shut, trying to hold back my own tears from falling. My hands moved from his body to his hair, stroking his soft brown locks in an attempt to soothe him. But to him, I was gone now. He didn't care anymore and just broke down.

"Everything that we
ever created, it was
always for him."

I couldn't take it anymore. A tear fell down. And I couldn't believe that I lied, that I told him that it's the virus. I was selfish. I didn't want him to go back to the city. I didn't want him to take revenge on his parents' murderer. I didn't want him to go.

"Soo," he said in between his whimpers. My heart beat even louder as I focused my senses back to him. He refused to form eye contact, and I understood him. It was such a vulnerable moment, a state of nothingness. I could hear his grief, suffocating with each breath he took holding onto his pride. I ran my fingers through his hair, time and time again, in an attempt to calm the silent war within his mind.

"Where will I go home to?"

I was always a nomad, switching home to home, places to places. But Yuta, he was completely stranded and lost. Homeless.