Saved ~ Jay

"I  see it, I like it, I want it, I got it—"

"(Y/N) will you please stop singing that song!'"

"What? You don't like Ariana Grande? No wonder we never liked each other."

Nya sighed, sitting up and you heard the painful cracks from her back, "You seriously don't like me?"

"Well, am I supposed to? My boyfriend stood me up so he could comfort you while I stood in the rain and caught the flu."

She groaned, "Come on, (Y/N), he apologized like a million times."

"Yeah, but the fact that he had to apologize in the first place. I mean, he chose you over me, Nya, even after you broke his heart and it just— it just made me realize that he would do anything for you. I don't even know why you stopped dating him, he's just," You sighed, "Great."

Nya gave you a sad smile, "You know what? You're right, he is great. Which is why I asked him out after you broke up."

Your eyes widened, "What?"

"Yeah, I asked him out and he was thrilled and we had a great date."

"Oh, you did?"

"Yeah, I'm sure you did too."

"Excuse me?"

"Apparently we did the exact same thing that you both did on your first date. He took a stroll down memory lane and told me all the things that you love and all the things he loves about you. It would have been great if I was you, but I'm not, so,"

"So, I can't wait for your ex-boyfriend to save us."

She sighed in exasperation, "(Y/N), I'm trying to tell you that Jay's head over heels for you and you're ignoring me."

"I'm not ignoring you, Nya, but believe me, I'm trying to."

"Isn't there some part in you that thinks that maybe he just made a mistake. So, he wanted to make his first relationship work, can't you find that charming?"

You pulled a face, "Really, Nya? Really? I'm supposed to find that charming?"

She snorted, "No, I don't know where I was going with that speech."

"I see it, I like it, I want it, I got it—"

"Oh, look who's singing it now."

A mischievous smile crept onto you face, "Hey, if you could go out with either me or Jay, who would you choose."

Nya snorted, blue eyes sparkling with amusement, "You."

You smirked playfully, wiggling your brows, "Huh, 2 people head over heels.Boy, am I popular or what?"

"Or what—"

"Nya?!"  

The both of you sat up, startled at the sound of her name and pain rushed through your leg as tears burned your eyes.

"Nya?!" "Kai?!"

Kai yelled out her name once again, followed by the sounds of grunts and bangs. They weren't alone.

"Kai, we're here!!" She screamed, banging on the walls and you joined her from where you sat.

"Help!" You shouted, pain was quickly spreading through your arm as you continued to bang on the wall beside you as Nya hit and kicked as much as her restraints allowed her to.

"Okay, we're here, back away from the wall!"

Nya quickly shuffled away, blocking your body with hers and pulling you close.

You screwed your eyes shut as you heard a loud blast and then Nya was ripped from you and into the Ninja's arms.

"I'm so glad you're okay, Nya." Jay spoke, relief unmistakable in his voice.

"I'm fine, but we need to get (Y/N) to a hospital." She said as she moved closer to you, resting a hand on your shoulder.

"(Y/N)?!"

You pursed your lips, "Sorry to get in the middle of your family reunion."

Jay quickly made his way to your side, nudging Nya out of the way as he took your hand, shocking blue eyes wide with concern, "Wh-Wh-What are you doing here?"

"Oh, you know, a regular Tuesday, saved Nya, got shot, got captured and then have just been waiting for a week or two for you to save us. Would've been driven crazy by now if it weren't for Nya."

She smirked at you, "You can thank me later."

"I saved your life, maybe you can buy me a diamond ring."

"Already want me to propose?"

You snorted, "Yeah right, wasn't it you begging me to take someone else back?"

"Wait, what the heck is going on?! Don't you two hate each other?" Asked Cole, looking between the two of you. 

You sighed, "It takes too much energy to hate someone and try to be conscious at the same time. Which reminds me, now that you're here, I can finally..."

Your breathing slowed down and your eyes fluttered close as you leaned against Jay. Shouts of your name became distant, the only warmth in your body coming for Jay's hand intertwined with yours.

With any energy left in your body, you gently squeezed his hand, feather-light. You could have easily assumed that he didn't notice before he squeezed your hand tenderly, pressing a kiss to your forehead.

'I'm not going anywhere.'

Then everything went black.