Chapter 6: But TV could've distracted me enough

"Rise and shine, sleepy head!"

A piercing light shines through my closed eyelids, forcing me to immediately pull my cosy blanket over my head, and I utterly ignore the idiot who decided that waking me up at this early hour is a good idea.

"You better wake up now or else you'll be swimming in the next ten seconds," she warns me, but I simply ignore her empty threat and try to catch the sleep train once more.

"Don't say I didn't warn you," I could almost hear her shrug.

She's just bluffing.

I hope.

I hear footsteps walking towards the door and after a few seconds the sound diminishes into the passage, allowing me slip back into my former tranquility, and hopefully, my deep slumber.

Now let's go board the plane to California again shall we?

Before I can even set foot back into the world of dreams, ice cold water is splashed right onto me, causing me to jolt awake with such energy that I somehow end up on my fluffy bedroom carpet, soaking wet.

"What the hell?!" I yell at the laughing, barely breathing, Kaitlyn holding a bucket which previously contained water.

"That was e-epic!" She continues to laugh without a care in the world but eventually calms down after wiping her last tear.

Meanwhile, I have been glaring daggers at her this entire time, not even moving an inch from my position on the floor. "Care to explain why you woke me up with a bucket of water?!" I yell at her, but she seems unmoved at my outrage.

"You refused to wake up," she shrugs casually. "I had to think of something. Besides you were warned."

"I hate you, you know that?" I ask rhetorically. "And if I develope hypothermia, I swear I'll make you regret this."

"Goodluck with that." She scoffs.

"This person." I mutter under my breath, before standing up to stretch my legs and rub my sore butt. "What time is it anyway?"

Kaitlyn glances at the watch choking her wrist before saying, "7:16."

"You mean to tell me," I breath heavily while taking small steps towards her figure, "--that you barged into my room to wake me up," my anger is increasing with each step I take towards the culprit and her taking fearful steps back shows that she notices my aggravation, "-- at freaking 7 o'clock?!" I yell at her.

No one can wake me up before half past ten, especially on a Saturday morning.

"You better run." I state.

She gets the message and quickly charges out of my room with a shrill 'yelp', with me right on her tail. We run down the stairs, around and about the living room, up and down the passages, and we continue this pursuit for who knows how long.

"You'll never catch me you oversized sloth!" Kaitlyn declares while running into the living room once more.

"We'll see about that you decaying toenail!" I shout back.