35

Jaehwa came to the hospital with a paper bag secured in her right hand, feeling at ease that she and Jeongguk were finally on good terms again. She had prepared purée for Hyun, deep inside her heart was excited to see the boy being able to eat again. When she called Jeongguk earlier on that morning, the guy told her that Hyun's body temperature had lowered though he was still a bit cranky, but it was nothing Jeongguk couldn't handle.

When she stepped into the hospital compund, Jaehwa was feeling giddy to see Hyun smiling like a happy baby he was to the point she didn't realise that her steps became faster as she entered the building. Her heels couldn't stop tapping the tiled floor as she waited for the elevator, starting to grow impatient when the long-awaited ting never rang.

Few minutes later, Jaehwa found herself running towards the department, however still checking the content of the bag to make sure nothing was spilt, especially the food which she had worked hard on preparing. Yerin even laughed at her determination to wake up so early just to cook baby food, but Jaehwa chose to ignore it like passing wind as she focused on washing and steaming the vegetables.

Her steps came into a halt when she reached the registration counter of the department. Jaehwa didn't know if her ears were playing trick on her or she really heard it right—the guy standing at the counter just mentioned Hyun. She decided to shrug it off at first, but decided to turn her heels to get a better look of the guy.

Jaehwa couldn't see his face but she got a clear view of his side profile. The Greek shaped nose and the sharp jawline made her scrunch her eyebrows. It wasn't long before her eyes fell on the set of plump lips mumbling words she couldn't catch since she's bad at lip reading, but that didn't stop Jaehwa from leaving the foyer. She knew she shouldn't be there as it's probably another Hyun but something within her forced her to stay and freeze at the spot until the guy turned to leave the counter.

The moment the guy turned his torso, Jaehwa was struck by Déjà vu. He was tucked in a navy blue velvet suit, hair all dressed to keep the strands on their place. He gave off the vibe of a rich guy, those who would never associate with her but why? Why did she feel like she knew him?

Why did he look so familiar?

Jaehwa scrutinised his movement—everything about him was captivating that even the way he tucked his hands in the pockets of his slacks seemed so graceful.

Hands gripping the paper bag with all her might, she took a step forward but her feet were glued to the ground when the guy turned to her direction, his puffy eyes widened when Jaehwa came into his view. Still confused upon her vision, Jaehwa raised her eyebrows but what happened next never crossed her mind.

The guy flashed her a smile, the sound of the heels of his leather shoes hitting the floor tuned off every noise coming from the background. Before Jaehwa could realise, he was already standing across her, the orange zest of Jo Malone Orange Blossom dominated the air—sweet, subtle yet tempting at the same time.

"Hey." The guy started. "You- you are the babysitter, right?"

"Y- yes, I am." She stammered, wondering how he could know her. "Do we know each other? I mean- I don't think I know someone like you. You seem like a..."

"Like a?" The guy quirked an eyebrow, the corner of his lips twitched when Jaehwa took a long pause before she could finish her sentence.

"Like a very successful person." Jaehwa wasn't joking, she wasn't even exaggerating.

The guy let out a stream of high pitch chuckles, probably amused by what he heard from Jaehwa. Jaehwa, on the other hand, was still trying to recall if she had seen the guy anywhere.