Ashes to Ashes and Dust to Dust.

Link woke up with Zelda in his arms. His hand went immediately to his head because all the drinks he had finally dawned on him. Untangleing himself from Zelda, he swung his legs over the side of the bed and cradled his head.

Maybe he had dreamt that Urbosa had called him 'King', but he hadn't been that drunk before to halucinate. Well, there is a first time for everything, Link told himself.

Dawn had been and gone, now Link looked out at the scorching midday sun. Zelda was still fast asleep, she looked so cute just laying there, so Link decided to leave her alone. He instead, decided to find Urbosa to ask her about the best way to cross the desert on their way back to the castle.

***

Link found her in the throne room, speaking quietly with the head of the Gerudo Guards. When they bacame aware that Link was in their midst, their hushed whispered stoped abruptly and they turned to him. Link saw Urbosa and the other Gerudo stare him down with a face of terror.

"What's wrong?" Link asked.

At first Urbosa looked confused. Was he not listening to her last night? Finally it dawned on her that Link must have thought she was joking or that he had dreamt it. Eventually, a weak smile came to her face.

"Can I talk to you Link?" She croaked.

Link nodded his agreement. Urbosa cleared her throat and walked past Link towards her throne. Instead of sitting down, she moved over to a small pillar, holding up a golden headset.

"Do you know what this is?" Urbosa said, pointing at the golden helmet.

Link had heard of it but had only seen it on Vah Naboris the day he met up with Urbosa and Zelda.

"It's the famed ThunderHelm, this has been in my Gerudo Tribe for generations. It only works for the rightful ruler of the Gerudo. It has been handed down my family untill it came to me... But every one hundred years, a male is born and they become our King..."

So Link wasn't dreaming Urbosa's talk last night! She had called him King! Link eyes widened and the puzzle came together like they had the night before.

"Are you saying...?" Link stammered.

"Well, if I am correct..." Urbosa sighed, "this should work..." She picked up the ThunderHelm and shoved it on Link's head.

"What the-" Link started to protest but then something happened...

***

Link was no longer in the throne room of the Gerudo. Instead, he was running out of it. The sky was black and the moon was no where to be seen. Link realized that he wasn't in his own body, he was viewing the world from another's eyes. He could feel everything she felt. She was terrified.

Her chest heaved up and down as she tried to escape her home. Her legs were so fast that when she reached the steps of the palace, she tripped and topped down it. No time for pain, she thought, I have to escape! She scrambled to her feet with a great amount of pain from her broken leg. She hobbled a few steps before she was hit from behind and driven back to the floor. She felt hot blood stream down her back from where the sword had struck. Her red hair came out of her tight ponytail and plastered it's self onto her face, clumped together in sweaty and bloody chunks.

She looked up at the figures that had walked around her broken body. There were five of them, the dreaded Yiga clan assassins. The biggest one, which looked like the leader, kneeled down and used her hair to life her head to his eye level. She wanted to scream for help but her voice was hoarse from screaming into the rope they had her tied in only a few minutes ago.

Suddenly, one of the other Yiga members punched the one holding her hair, nocking him out cold. She let her self drift into unconsciousness just after she felt someone dragging her to safety...

She opened her eyes long enough to see the rouge Yiga member take her into his arms, remove his headgear to reveal a rather strapping Hylian. Her head fell back. The last thing Link saw from the point of view of this woman, was the other four Yiga members, unconscious on the steps of the Gerudo Palace.

As the young woman closed her eyes, Link's vision changed...

He was no longer in Gerudo Town and no longer the same woman. This had to be her daughter...

She pulled her cloak closer around her exotic form and cowered deeper between the roots of the old oak tree. How did they find her? She held the small defencless baby in her arms, close to her chest. I will not go out like my mother! She escaped them more than once, I must, for the sake of my daughter!

The small babe stared to whimper. No no no no no! Don't cry, she shouted in her head. She began rocking the child back and forth, but this did no good, the baby began to cry.

The red forms of the Yiga assassins crept around the tree and saw the babe. Then they jumped out, startling the young Gerudo.

Two of the Yiga tried to steady her, while the last wrestled to detach the crying baby from it's mother. Link felt the sadness she felt as her only child was ripped away from her loving arms. He also felt the sudden pain she felt right after the baby was away from her. She looked down at the bloody blade that was producing from  her stomach. The vision went black...

This kept happening, Link would see a scene unfold from the point of view of the descendant of the next. He would be chased and killed by Yiga assassins, only to experience another scene from the view of their daughters and feel their death again and again.

Each time, the women would change slightly. The first was a proper Gerudo, red hair, caramel skin, everything. But by the time the chain led to Link's mother, most of those aspects were replaced by Hylian aspects.

Link now would bear witness to his own mother's death...

She was hovering over a small baby boy in a cradle. The moonlight shone in from the window and highlighted the room. Link recognised this place... This was his home! He was about to witness his mother's death!

She looked over at her husband. His Father, alive! She couldn't wake him, he would only insist on coming with her, to protect her. She couldn't put Link in danger...

She felt a tear roll down her cheek and drop on Link's forehead. Leaning in, she kissed her son for the last time and fled into the night.

Her feet carried her as far away from the village as they could before she saw them. They closed all around her, gaining speed on her. She could see their hands in the corner of her eyes. She would never let them torcher her into telling them about Link, she ran straight ahead to the forest edge and jumped... She had no regrets as she plummeted towards the ground. Most people don't know how slow jumping off a cliff can feel like. She thought of Link, and his father, safe. Then the ground ended Link's vision.

Link was finally back in Gerudo Palace. He was back in his body, the ThunderHelm over his head, cutting off the light. He pulled it off and threw it across the room, making it crash to the floor with an irritating scraping sound. Link collapsed. He cried out, he didn't care about the people watching him, he just let the tears stream out and his voice continue. He was embraced by a friendly face. Zelda couldn't bare to see Link in pain. She held him as he cried till his voice went hoarse...