Prologue:

A/N: Werewolf stories are my fave on wattpad-

This one I am writing will be slightly different cause:

1) (just for the plot) A Beta's daughter always ends up with the Alpha's son.

2) Inner wolves do not exist. (I am thinking more like Stephanie Meyer kind of werewolves) Therefore, there will be no conversations between the human form and the wolf form of a werewolf.

3) There might be some attacks but they will not be made by rogues. ( I probably won't have rogues mentioned at all in this book)

4) Mind link exists but isn't used a lot in the beginning of the book. That could change later on.

5) Humans are not aware of the existence of werewolves. Obviously some do know, but for the most part they do not.

6) The she-wolves will not be in heat at all.

* Copyright and all that jazz. Just do not steal someone else's work ❤ 

Also.......

English isn't my first language so you WILL find mistakes on this book so please don't come at me. 

Thanx!

*** Michelle Randolf below is who I pictured as Dawn 💃

Sooo on to the story. Enjoy <3

Prologue:

Song: Its not over yet- for king and country 

When you grow up in a family of seven, sometimes, you feel like you do not matter. Especially, if you are the child that everyone considers a failure. My name is Dawn and I am the oldest daughter of Rose and Nicholas Logan, Betas of the Silverlake pack. I have two younger brothers, Adrian who is 21 and Peter who turned 19 a month ago. Also, I have a younger sister, Jenna, who will be turning 18 in just a few days.

You see, being 22 and unmated, automatically puts me on the spot. All wolfs usually have found their mates by the age of twenty and they live happily ever after. Or at least that's what I have been told. Fate obviously had other plans for me.

And I was sincerely ok with that. I knew deep down that sooner or later I would probably find my mate and it wasn't my fault that it just happened NOT to be our Alpha's son. Everyone in our pack expected me and Jonathan to be mates. The Alpha's son and the Beta's daughter always ended up being each other's soul mates when they were the same age.

Just not this once.

 This time, the two of us did not have any kind of connection. 

When we both reached the age of 18, all our pack members could not comprehend that we felt nothing towards one another. We were complete strangers... There was no bond between us. Well, except for our friendship, since we grew up together. Jonathan was a nice guy but we were not made for each other. We both accepted that fact pretty quickly. Honestly, I think we were both relieved.

 But... there was this one person that had the most difficulty dealing with this situation and that was my father.  It was obvious to him that I was the main cause of this misfortune that brought disgrace to our family.

What hurt me the most was the fact that no one judged Jonathan. No one considered him responsible. The future Alpha could never be the one at fault. I was the one that heard whispers every time I went out.

Jonathan wasn't that bad to be honest. He knew what I was going through and felt extremely guilty. He had apologized to me a million times. And I was unable to hold a grudge against him. I could not blame him either, we were both caught up in this mess.

If it wasn't for my siblings I would have given up a long time ago. I would have left this pack trying to escape from everyone's hostility. There was nothing holding me back... but I could not let my brothers and sister alone. Because I knew deep down that even If I left for good, they would still have to defend me every single day to those pack members that might provoke them.

Therefore, I decided to stay and face my own battles. No one could break me.

A/N: I would love to read your comments! What do you think?