14; A Bloody Good Flight

The dry air on the plane ended up giving me a nosebleed, which I did not appreciate in the slightest. It was still happening, pretty heavily, when we got off the plane and whilst we were walking through the New York airport. What made things even worse is that Tony's "fans" are apparently a lot more crazy here, though, what isn't? It's New York.

Tony had one arm around my shoulder while I pressed a tissue to my bloody nostril. We were guided through what seemed like a thousand screaming people, who were all touching us and blinding us with camera flashes.

"Tony!"
"Iron Man!"
"Victoria! What happened?"
"Tony what happened to Victoria?"
"Did Victoria break her nose?"
"How did Victoria get hurt?"

We, as usual, ignored the questions, attempting to get to the car as soon as possible so I could try and stop my face from leaking anymore.

We finally made it inside the car and Tony, instead of sitting in the front like he usually did, sat in the back seat with me and Pepper sat up front, Happy drove.

Tony reached into his pocket and pulled out another tissue, putting it near my nose and quickly replacing the bloody one. I gripped the new one with my fingers and took a breath.

"What's wrong?" Tony asked, seeming rather worried.

"I feel a little light headed." I said as my vision began going blurry.

"Victoria, Victoria—" was the last thing I heard before everything went black.

...

I woke up in a room I didn't recognize. I was laying on a red leather sofa, and there was a soft blanket draped over me, and a pillow under my head.

I sat up and looked around. I could hear Tony's voice from another room, which calmed my nerves and assured me I hadn't been kidnaped.

"Yes, that's fine..." Tony's voice was getting closer. He appeared from another room and his face brightened when he saw I was awake. "I have to go, Nick. Yes, alright. Talk to you later. Bye."

He hung up the phone and walked over to me, sitting next to me feet.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Well," he started. "You had a nosebleed, do you remember that?"

I nodded.

"And then we got in the car and you felt light headed, and you passed out."

"How long have I been out?"

"About an hour, not too long. I had a doctor come see you while you were out and he said it was just the blood loss along with the adrenaline of being surrounded by so many people."

I nodded slowly, processing everything. A doctor came? Holy cow, I missed everything.

"Where are we anyways?" I asked, Tony walked into the kitchen.

"Hotel."

"This is a hotel?" I asked in shock. "It's huge."

"I'm Iron Man." Tony smirked. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Where's Pepper?" I pushed the blanket off my body and stood up slowly in case I felt dizzy again. I did, but not too bad.

"She's out doing some business." He opened a beer and took a sip.

"And Happy?"

"He has his own hotel room."

Duh.

I grabbed the remote from the coffee table and pressed the power button. The flat screen illuminated and I was immediately greeted with the News channel. And of course, it was a segment about us.

"Iron Man, Tony Stark, and daughter Victoria arrived in New York today as part of a planned expo taking place tomorrow night at Madison Square Garden. All went well with their flight except for the fact that Victoria seemed to be holding her face as they exited the airport. It could have been a simple injury, or something more serious. Take a look for yourself."

Video footage of Tony and I walking through the airport with Pepper and Happy flashed up on the screen and I watched as we pushed through the crowd of people. I could see now that my skin was very pale at the time.

"Some are questioning whether this injury has anything to do with Tony Stark's parenting capabilities—"

That was it, Tony strode in quickly, his feet loud on the tile floor, and snatched the remote from my hand, changing the channel quickly. Some kiddie show came on. I looked up at him.

"Hey! What was that for?"

"You shouldn't watch that." He said simply, placing the remote back down on the table. He turned to walk away.

"Why not? I know it's not true."

"What's not true?" He turned back around.

"What they said. That my 'injury' is because of your 'parenting capabilities'" I air-quoted.

Tony ran a hand through his hair. "See that's exactly why I don't want you watching it!"

I was a little taken back, he'd never gotten mad at me before. I sunk into the couch, playing with my fingers nervously.

"It's not my fault it's on there!" I shot back.

Tony side-eyed me and sat on the chair next to me. "Yes, I know that." He seemed to calm down.

I sighed, not replying.

"I know it's not your fault. I'm sorry. I just don't want you seeing something that...."

"That what?" I asked when he'd been quiet for a moment.

"Some that would change your opinion of me." He hung his head.

"What could possibly change my opinion of you?"

He make a clicking sound with his mouth, looking around the room with his hands folded in front of him. "I don't know... just, something like that! I mean, do you think it was my fault? I'm the one that brought you on the plane."

"Seriously?" I said. "You think I'm going to blame you for my nosebleed?"

Tony chuckled and shrugged.

"See! It's silly." I giggled.

It went quiet again.

"Nothing some News reporter says is ever going to change the way I feel about you, and how much I love you. And how amazing of a father you are."

Tony looked up and smiled, and for a minute I thought I could see some tears forming in his eyes. He didn't let me see him cry though, and I don't think he ever will.