Funeral

A week had gone by, Percy and Grace had been to several funerals in that time. But the one that they were both dreading the most had now arrived. Fred's funeral.

Many people showed up to his funeral. Grace recognized almost everyone that she greeted. They sat down with the rest of the family and she couldn't shake the feeling that people were staring. She grabbed Percy's hand and rested her head on his shoulder. He released his hand from hers and wrapped his arm around her. All of Fred's possessions were given to the family, including a small wrapper that once contained glow-in-the-dark gum. Percy held onto it, it was the only thing in Fred's pocket and Percy needed it. When Percy went up to the podium, he held onto Graces hand before releasing it.

"Hello everyone, I'm Fred's older brother Percy," Percy said. A few people looked at him with a glare while others began to whisper. He looked at Grace and she gave him a reassuring smile. "I-I know that a lot of you don't like me or think I have no right coming to this let alone speaking... but... today's about Fred. Not me."

"Fred Gideon Weasley... some knew him as Fred... others knew him as George."

George laughed softly and nodded.

"But, no matter who you knew him as... everyone knew him. He made people laugh, he made people smile, he made people want to punch him in the nose..."

"I was the first person to know Fred other than George... I could tell them apart, teach them right from wrong. I was two, let's keep that in mind."

Grace smiled and nodded for Percy to continue.

"A lot of people died the same day as Fred. People Fred's age, older, younger but nobody deserved death, even... Voldemort. Fred was brave and fought. He stayed when I left. He was always the bigger man and always put his family first, something I couldn't even do. Fred was the bravest man that I've ever met and he's taught me more than I could ever teach myself from books."

"We were together when he died. We fought together until I let my guard down. I was too distracted and I should've paid more attention. If I were quicker, than I could've stopped it from happening... but I w-wasn't quick enough."

"I said things to Fred that I regretted."

"I've told you so many times to not touch my book, Fred!" A nine-year-old Percy shouted.

"Calm down, ya sourpuss," Fred responded.

"I wish you weren't my brother!"

"I said things to Fred that I really regretted."

"Percy, I'm scared of the thunder and George isn't here," Fred cried.

"It's alright, Fred," Percy said. He helped Fred into his own bed and gave him a big hug. "Thunder can't hurt you... it just makes big noises."

Another round of thunder came in and Fred grabbed Percy's pajama shirt.

"Don't worry, Fred, you're safe with me," Percy said. "The thunder won't get you."

"I love you, Percy," Fred cried.

"Oh God, I love you too, Fred," Percy put his hand to his mouth.

He turned to the casket and ran to his brother and threw himself on it.

"I'm sorry, Fred," Percy cried. "It should've been me!"

Grace ran up to Percy and grabbed his arm. "Percy, let go."

"No!" Percy cried. He pulled away from Grace and grabbed his casket again. He cried and cried until George and Charlie came up to help Percy up. He struggled for a second before hugging Grace tightly and walking back to their seat. After Arthur went up to speak, Grace had to leave Percy and he begged her not to leave him. She gave him a kiss and rubbed his back. She got up and walked to the podium.

"Hi everyone," Grace said. "I'm Grace, I'm Percy's girlfriend and Fred's friend."

"The day Fred died, I confided in him. I told him that I was going to die... very selfish isn't it? I believed the only person who would die would be me... of course, I'm here and Fred is no longer alive... but, he is still here... because an energy like Fred's will never leave... it will be here and with us forever."