SIXTY-NINE

AUG 14, 20XX - Monday'8 years later'

'8 years later'

"Congratulations!"

Everyone cheered for me as I made my way past them, briefcase in hand.

I was in a rush, but I still managed to throw them a wide grin over my shoulder.

"Thanks!"

Of course with my luck, when I turned back around, I bumped straight into someone.

Their hands balanced me delicately and I already knew who it was as he always treated me so delicately.

Looking up, I met eyes with starry ones. 

"Congrats on winning your case, Ms. Moon."

A slow smile spread across my face, his smile awfully contagious.

"Thank you, Mr. Jeon."

His laugh stuttered a bit, a blush coming across his cheeks as he looked away.

I watched him purse his lips inward as he took a moment to think. It wasn't long before his eyes met mine again with confidence.

"Um... Hari, could I talk to you for a second?"

You've waited 8 years, Hari.

You could wait a little longer.

"Sure." 

I joined him to the side of the lobby, nodding in response to those who congratulated me as they passed by. I made sure to return my attention to the lawyer who stood before me.

"So, I was just wondering..." He began slowly before squeezing his eyes shut, "Would you like to have dinner with me?" 

My heart dropped slightly.

He was trying again...

I thought he had moved on by now.

"I'm sorry, Jungkook."

His face fell, but something told me he actually prepared himself for this.

"I...uh... actually...I'm engaged."

Maybe now he could finally move on.

Jungkook turned a bright shade of red. "O-Oh, I see..."

I smiled at him.  "You'll find someone, Kookie."

He was extremely popular at college, something that also carried over at the law firm.

He wasn't going to have a problem finding someone else.

"I'm sure of it."

He nodded with a tiny smile. 

I returned the nod before making my way towards the exit.