Chapter 7: A Warm Welcome and A New Development

Author's Notes: (Picture is a screenshot from YouTube of the cut scene by jproc5) Okay for real y'all 99 reads! Are y'all crazy? I don't care if I say it every single chapter you guys are the best and give me so much motivation to keep writing to my hearts content. Also in case y'all were wondering the reason I use "y'all" so much is because I live in the Midwest, specifically in Missouri. Even though I'm not country in any stretch of the imagination for some reason the only country I picked up was the use of "y'all." Okay enough about me and back to the important stuff. Now that Revali has joined into the story fully the scope of the narration "bubble" i'm calling it has increased. Now instead of mostly being centered around Link and his thoughts it will also include Revali. I will try as hard as I possibly can to make sure it can be distinguished what each character is thinking during any given time. I've read other books and stories that attempt this and do it badly. If you think "I get it this is Revali's thoughts you don't have to hammer it in," then I apologize but I just have to make sure it's abundantly clear at all times. Their personalities should shine through and speak for themselves though, all things considered. I'm personally excited for these next few sections. If I were to name them thematically it would be the "wait do they like me?" section of the story. A lot of hilarity, emotion, embarrassment, and other lovey dovey stuff to ensue. Also I had way too much fun writing Teba in my own little way, you'll love it i'm sure of it!

Fun Fact: I also feel in a very specific way that this song also resonates well with Revali. There are very specific parts that I think apply to him perfectly. Keep that in mind as you read perhaps? 

Important Announcement: Ever since I started writing this I had the goal in mind to write longer every single chapter even if it was only a word or two. I think I've done that well but I've also noticed that the chapters have gotten a bit too long. That's why from here on out I will be capping chapters at 7-10k words so they don't get insanely long. Should make it a bit more digestible now for singular sessions of reading. Alright that's all for now!

Surprisingly for the most part the trip back down to the village was silent. Revali and Link stood at the "Helm" of Medoh near its head. Revali had the Great Eagle Bow strapped over his back and Link with the Master Sword over his. They both looked out over the land beneath them. The blankets of powdery snow covering the mountains on one side and the rolling plains of green grass on the other. Link turned his head to catch a glimpse of the Rito. His eyes were straight ahead but seemed to look even farther than the horizon. They burned with an intensity the likes that Link had seen only a few times before. Revali was on a mission, he didn't know what it was but he knew nothing could stand in Revali's way when he was determined. Link looked back towards the sun hanging lower in the sky. It was still a ways away from night but they could still catch an early dinner when they got back. Unlike Mipha there wasn't anyone else in the village who had lived at the same time as Revali. As long as he kept his big mouth shut they should both be fine, should be.

Revali's thoughts were elsewhere. Caught up in an old fire that seemed to be igniting once again. Link was the same, but different. From the short time they spent together he could tell that not only visibly but also his temperament had completely changed. He was always in a much more comfortable stance compared to the straight back and uptight royal guard he once knew. His clothes hung loose on him and not buttoned up and suffocating. What he noticed most of all was his eyes. Which had always either be covered by his hair or turned towards the ground back then. Now that he held his head up high they were completely visible at all times. They were like none other in the world. They were gorgeous to anyone who had the pleasure of viewing them. They were blue, but to say they were blue wouldn't be doing them justice. To Revali they shined like the brightest sapphires, the core of the hottest flames, the clearest oceans. He wanted to get lost in them and never find his way out. It was intoxicating and he was not used to this overwhelming feeling.