|Thirty Five|

After finding out that we were expecting another baby, not that it should have been such a shock as the signs were already there and Owen had it figured out before myself; no way was he going to allow me to accompany him and Claire out into the valley to search for her nephews, Zach and Grey.

Which lead to my current situation. Attempting to push my way through the large, ominous, crowds of tourists that all hailed down upon the main street with the North of the Park being closed. Solo, was well behaved as always and making sure his side never left contact with my leg as we pushed through. Anxiety bubbling deep in my chest at the sheer volume of people that surrounded us but the humongous dog at my side aided to settle that a little. 

It took a while, but eventually I found a small space on a brick wall of a flower bed to sit. My back pack with a few precious things from home inside had been left with Vivian. I had quickly met up with her when she nipped out of the office for a drink and my nervous cousin had taken the bag and put it with her own. Both of us not saying much but sharing a petrified hug before Vivian had to rush back to work. 

 Letting out a huge sigh, I stroke Solo's panting head that rests on my knee as he settles in the slither of shade the buildings around us create. A few kids passing by asking to stroke the huge dog. I agree, but tell them nervously to only touch him, and not come close to me or lean over me. But Solo was well behaved as ever as we sat there for a few hours with only a water bottle and a small bag of nuts to keep us entertained.

I watched as a middle aged gentleman tripped and fall onto the warm tarmac a few metres ahead of my position. His, what appeared to be a family relation, with matching jet black hair cut short to their scalps, and matching green t-shirts, attempted to help him up off the floor as the man clutched at his ankle. A sprain most likely.

Taking a deep breath, hoping a little more courage would appear from nowhere, I stand and make my way over, listening as best as I possibly could amongst the crowd to hear what language they were speaking in. Gently kneeling down beside the pained man and the teenager, I eventually managed to recognise the Mandarin accent:

"Hello, do you need help getting up?" I ask as clearly and as correctly as possible. My Mandarin a little rusty not having used it in almost a decade since university.

"My uncle's hurt his ankle. Can you help me get him up onto the ledge?"  I smile as confidently as I can and begin to help gently lift the man up onto a open bench were a kind couple clearly moved once the saw what was happening. I had to ask Solo to stand down quickly whilst I helped the gentleman up, the protective dog not happy with me being near another man.

Once the gentleman is up on the ledge I quietly ask if I could look at his ankle and explained that I am a nurse on the resort. They both agreed immediately, even though I knew that rest and a cold compress with a bit of elevation to the foot would be the best thing for him; there was no harm in checking and it would give me something to do. 

But, before I take the gentleman's shiny trainer off, I hear the unmistakable noise of the loud tannoy,

"Ladies and gentleman, due to a containment anomaly, all guests must seek shelter immediately," 

She's here!

There's so many vulnerable people all in one place it will be like a feast for the Indominus Rex !

"RUN!"  I spit at the two men in front of me who didn't understand the announcement. I jump to my feet and grab Solo's collar in hopes of not loosing him in the disturbed panicking crowd. 

My heart beating like a canary's when the cat has it between its pincer sharp teeth. 

I search frantically for anywhere that could be used as a form of shelter, but if the Indominus  wants something, she'll come and get it regardless of where we all hide.