NINE

September 09, 20XX-Tuesday

Mom left the house today.

Even though she wasn't nice to me, she at least was nicer than dad. She also kept the bathroom stocked for days like these.

I felt cramps in my lower abdomen and cursed inside my head.

There was nothing at home now.

I guess I have no choice.

I pushed open the door to the corner mart and prayed that I wouldn't run into him.

Too bad Taehyung was already sitting at the table again, eating some more ramen.

Of course...

I avoided eye contact and headed to the feminine products section.

As I got closer to the pads, I started to get nauseous from the anxiety.

I've never stolen anything in my life, but desparate times calls for desparate measures.

I peered over the shelf to check what the cashier was doing.

Luckily, she was too busy watching her drama on the tv.

I exhaled and took off my backpack and unzipped it.

Quickly, I reached for the pads but before I even touched it, a hand grabbed my wrist.

I felt myself go cold.

Busted...

I looked up, but I wasn't met with the cashier's eyes.

It was Taehyung's.

"Don't." He softly spoke, his voice breaking as if it's rusty from being used.

I couldn't do anything other than stare up at him.

He quickly zipped up my bag and put it back over my shoulders.

Taking a package from the shelf and my hand, he headed over to the cashier.

She removed her eyes from the TV to look at the two of us.

"Well if it isn't my two favorite rebels. Glad you guys found each other." She snorted.

I looked down because Taehyung was still holding my hand.

His hands were dry and scarred, but warm... I really liked holding it.

He gave a half-hearted chuckle at the cashier's comment before removing his hand from mine to take the money out of his pocket.

Purchasing the item, he grabbed the bag and walked out.

I followed him.

Turning over my way, he smiled and signaled for me to turn around.

When I did, I heard him place the bag in my backpack before doing something else.

Surprised, I turned around.

Did he just...?

I watched him walk back towards the apartments, with a hint of a smile on his face.

I smiled too.

Because he just kissed the top of my head.