TEN

September 13, 20XX-Saturday

The leaves crunched underneath my shoe as I slowly walked back towards my apartment. 

I really shouldn't have been taking my time since my father was now keeping track of what time I was getting home, but I couldn't seem to pick up my feet fast enough. 

As I stepped near the apartments, a booming voice startled me.

"What do you mean you wasted it all already?!" 

I stopped on the sidewalk to take a look at who it was. 

Taehyung's dad.

He was shouting from the doorway at Taehyung who stared at the ground while hunched slightly over as if he just wanted to disappear.

His dad smacked his head while he grunted, expecting Taehyung to respond to his question. I jumped each time and brought my hands to cover my mouth as I watched in fear. 

"Where's your money going? I only give you enough to get my shit and to keep you alive to get my shit."

Taehyung still didn't say anything. 

I suddenly felt guilty because Taehyung had been using some of his own money to help me out and now he was getting chastised for it.

"Hari!" 

I turned my head towards the direction my name was called from to see my dad had walked out of our apartment and was calling for me.

This caught the attention of Taehyung's father who turned away to hide his face from me, aware of the audience he had. 

"Hari, hurry. Dinner is ready." 

Liar. There is no dinner. 

With a sigh, I move my feet and head on over to our apartment building, but I kept my ears open. 

"No wonder your mother left you behind! Who would want shit like you?"

I picked up my gaze and snapped my head over to look at Taehyung's father.

How could he say that?

I worriedly looked over to the victim of those words.

Taehyung stood in absolute silence, fists balled up in so much anger they shook. For a second, I thought he was going to throw one across his father's face, but he didn't. He just stared at his father with so much hate that it scared me.  

This is the moment I look back on the most. 

Because it was proof that nothing good comes out of anger.

Instead, it can unleash like a wildfire...

and consume you.