Part 26

There was a knock on the door and Seokjin took a deep breath before standing slowly from the table and opening it. There were two men in suits with clipboards and cameras on the doorstep. Namjoon came to stand behind Jin as he smiled at them.

"Hello, you must be from hybrid services," Seokjin said pleasantly.

"Yes. I'm sorry to bother you but it sounds like you saw the doorhanger. We just need to do a quick inspection and we will be out of your hair," one of the men said, his voice pleasant and chipper.

"Of course," Seokjin said, stepping aside to allow the men to pass.

"So. Can you tell me how many hybrids are living at this residence?" The man asked, glancing over the paper on his clipboard and facing Jin and Namjoon as the other man began to walk around the kitchen, looking at everything and making notes. Namjoon watched him nervously, trying to keep his heart from pounding out of his chest.

"Just our Jungkookie. He is a rabbit hybrid," Seokjin said to the man.

"And how old is he?"

"He's twenty one."

"Alright. So just the one hybrid then. Correct?"

"Yes sir, that is correct."

"Mmhmm. And who is the hybrid registered to?"

"That would be me."

"I see. And when did you adopt him?"

"My family adopted him when we were young, I believe Jungkook was eight maybe? But his ownership was transferred solely to me when I moved out at eighteen."

The man was nodding and writing notes on his clipboard. "I see. So is it just the three of you in the house then? You reside here as well sir?" He asked, looking at Namjoon.

"Yes, just the three of us," Namjoon agreed, nodding. "I've been living with the pair of them for three years now." Seokjin glanced at him, smiling. He was happy Namjoon was doing so well at remaining calm during this. But that was his Namjoon, always knowing how to react appropriately in the moment and taking care of them. Namjoon slipped his arm around Seokjin's shoulders and gave him a squeeze. "So, I'm sure you need to see more than just the kitchen, where would you like to go first?" Namjoon asked, smiling at the man.

"Just a quick tour of this floor will be fine and then we can move upstairs. I do also need to speak with the hybrid before we leave," he said, flipping through his papers.

"With Jungkook," Seokjin corrected pleasantly.

"Hm?" The man asked, looking up.

"His name. It's Jungkook," Seokjin said, keeping a smile on his face.

"Yes, with Jungkook," the man said, nodding.

They gave the pair of them a quick tour of the downstairs of the house and the quiet one took notes, the same man that had been speaking asking the occasional question. The group climbed the stairs and the men looked at Jin and Joon's bedroom, the upstairs bathroom, and the empty guest room with the perfectly made bed and empty closet. The quiet man stepped in, thoroughly inspecting every corner of the room before Seokjin went down the hall and knocked on Jungkook's door.

"Kook, hybrid services is here and they need to speak with you," he said through the door. They waited and just seconds later the bunny opened his door shyly, stepping back to allow them in.

"H-hello," he said nervously, his ears drooping to the side as he surveyed them.

"You must be Jungkook," the man said and the bunny nodded quickly, swallowing, his large eyes flicking over both the men. His nose twitched and he threw a glance at Seokjin, widening his eyes slightly, but knew he couldn't say anything to him until the men left.