SIXTEEN - THE ONE THAT GOT AWAY

★彡 SIXTEEN 彡★

★彡 SIXTEEN 彡★

best read while listening to the song attached above.
[ midnight sky — unique salonga. ]

IT WAS EARLY MORNING AND THE SUN WAS RISING. The window was open and light passed through, creating an illusion of hazy green on Elijah's eyes. He took the moment to admire the lyrics of a newly-written song in front of him as his hand wobbled, causing the paper to nearly fall from his grip. His heart was palpitating quickly and he was unconscious of the tears slowly leaking out of his eyes until it dropped on the paper, creating wet spots.

Every time in my mind

I'm telling myself

Should I be?

Who will be?

The man who'll hold your hand

Hours went by since his disastrous conversation with his love— no, Freddie. His other hand was wrapped in a bandage, red patches appearing from the bloody mess he obtained from punching Paul Prenter. It was fractured and he knew he should've went to the hospital to get it fixed but he was too stubborn to go to a place filled with people who'd recognize him from miles away. He also knew that there was a purplish bruise steadily forming on his cheek from the punch he received from the man, but he disregarded it.

There was way better things to be worried about, for example, the image of Freddie kissing Paul hasn't left his mind since he walked out of Freddie's house and getting soaked in the rain. It persisted on repeating on his head like a broken record and he was certain it wasn't healthy at all. The revealing signs of another mental breakdown was evident yet he continued downgrading himself inside his mind. It is my fault after all. Freddie was right, if I didn't leave for months, maybe I would've stopped Paul from clutching on him like the snake he is. He scoffed.

Dumbass, you know it isn't your fault. It's ALL Paul's fault. A rational part of his mind added but he pushed aside the notion, gazing at the piece of paper on his hand that was dampened with his salty tears.

Whenever I close my eyes

I can see your lovely smile

And I open it again

And then I see the midnight sky

Elijah closed his eyes, reminiscing the better days of their relationship, no matter how short-lived it was. Elijah, don't think like that! It's still not over yet. The voice in his head comforted him. Is it really not though?