Ch. 28

Hermione sat quietly next to Draco's bed, reading and doing homework. She would glance up every so often to see if there was any change, but so far none had occurred. Madam Pomfrey had moved him so that he was lying on his back now, having healed his broken shoulder blade and ribs. Now it was just a matter of when he would wake up, and since it was Sunday, she was hoping that it would be soon.

"Anything yet?"

She turned to see Blaise, Pansy, and Theo walking up behind her, worried looks across all of their faces.

"No, he's still unconscious," She said sadly.

"Well, he did take a bludger, he may be out for a bit while his body recovers," Pansy said quietly, sitting down at the foot of his bed.

"I know," Hermione said sadly. "I was just hoping he'd be awake by now; it's been nearly a day."

"Have you eaten anything yet today?" Blaise asked curiously.

"Ginny stopped by earlier with some food," Hermione nodded.

Blaise perked up at this and Pansy raised an eyebrow at him before wrapping her arm around Theo's and saying, "I'm guessing you're going to be here all day?"

"Unless there's an emergency, yeah," Hermione said. "I want to be here when he wakes up."

Pansy smiled and squeezed her shoulder. "Well, just let us know if there is anything we can do to help."

"Thanks, Pans," Hermione said, returning the smile.

The three Slytherins left and Hermione turned back to Draco, looking him over again. He hadn't moved at all, and she sighed as she looked back down at her homework.

She couldn't wait for him to wake up; she was too excited to tell him the good news about her and Ron officially ending their relationship. The thought would always put a small smile on her face, and as she scribbled down her notes, she thought about what Draco's reaction would be once he finds out.

Blaise wandered over to the quidditch pitch where he knew Ginny would be practicing with the rest of the Gryffindor team. He had taken to watching their practices more often now, mainly because he enjoyed seeing the smile on her face when she realized he was there.

Sure enough, the moment he sat down she looked over and he watched a grin split her face. He grinned himself and gave her a slight wave before stuffing his hand back into the pocket of his jacket. It was getting much colder out now that they were in the month of October and he started to worry about Ginny getting cold as she was flying around. Of course, he worried about her in general as he knew that there was more stuff in her past that she wasn't telling him about.

"Oi, Zabini!"

He looked around to see Seamus walking towards him in the stands and he raised an eyebrow. "And to what do I owe the pleasure, Finnegan?"

Seamus sat down next to Blaise and looked up at the quidditch players. "I hear you and Ginny are close."

Blaise looked up at the red head in question. "Yeah, close is a good way to describe it right now."

"Not too close, right?"

Blaise looked over at Seamus. "Why?"

Seamus shrugged. "She's my friend and I want to make sure she's happy."

"Last time I checked, she's happy," Blaise answered gruffly. "I appreciate the big brother stance, however she already has five of them that will most likely interrogate me already."

"True, but none of them are here," Seamus shrugged. "Look, I know you two are interested in each other. She told me what happened, and told me what's happening with her and Harry. I just ask that you wait to do anything else until-"