72

DEANNA MONROE STANDS in front of Aria, her face full of delight and hope as she holds out a stack of papers and folders

DEANNA MONROE STANDS in front of Aria, her face full of delight and hope as she holds out a stack of papers and folders. The older woman has been trying to think of a job and has even asked Michonne and Rick what Aria is good at; she didn't want the female to feel left out and not have a job to do. Aria quirks an eyebrow up, her eyes studying the stack in Deanna's hands.

"You want me to be your planner and organizer?" Aria inquires, tilting her head to the side as she stands there, confused. Deanna nods, a small smile on her face as she motions down towards the stack. "Um—okay?" Aria utters, grabbing the stack out of her hands and holding them tightly in her arms. Deanna sends the female a thankful smile before walking off the porch. Aria sighs lowly before setting the stack on the counter and walking out of the house, shutting the door behind her. She has to go bid her farewells to Daryl and Aaron, plus the group that is leaving to go scavenge.

Walking towards the gate, Aria catches sight of Daryl and her eyes widen as she looks over his outfit. Drawing in a breath, she calms herself down before walking towards Daryl, Aaron and Eric. "Hey." She greets, a small and sweet smile on her face. Daryl looks up from his gloves, his eyes meeting hers and he sends a small nod of acknowledgment. "You two be safe out there. If y'all aren't, Eric and I are going to kick your asses, alright?" Eric nods in agreement and Aaron chuckles, shaking his head. Aria quickly gives Aaron a hug before turning towards Daryl.

Glancing around, she plants a quick peck on his cheek, wrapping her arms around his neck. "You should wear this outfit more often." She whispers in his ear, backing away as she sends him a small smirk. She immediately notices his cheeks turning light pink and she mentally applauds herself. "Alright. Bye—be safe. Love you idiots!" She calls, walking off away from them and heading towards the group that's getting ready to leave.

"Hi." Aria utters, grabbing a gun and sliding it in the van. Tara sends Aria a bright smile, sending her a wave, which Aria returns. Aria hasn't really spoke to Tara, but she seems like a nice woman, she just hasn't gotten around to talking to her yet. The group stands by the van as they bid their goodbyes to everyone, Aria hugging everyone except James, Nicholas, and Aiden. "Be safe, please!" She tells them, a small frown playing on her lips as they all crowd into the van.

Aria and Maggie look over at each other, hesitant and nervous looks on their faces. Both of their men are going out, so they're in this together and they know that.

♚ ♛

Aria flips open the first folder, her eyes landing on a black and white picture. She gently pulls it out of the pocket, holding it delicately in her hand. It's a picture of what Alexandria was before the walls were put up, before everyone had came and before the world had went to shit. Her eyes trail over to a handwritten note and she furrows her eyebrows, sliding the picture back in the pocket.

Aria,

This is a special job that I gave you. I knew I wanted someone to make this place better but I didn't know exactly who. When I had interviewed you, you were so shy and sweet, I knew it was you. You had that aura around you.

This job isn't just about looking through a stack of papers; it's about making this place bigger and better than now, it's about making plans for a better future.

If you have any ideas for this place, make it happen.

The future is ours.

Deanna