Missing From My Life

Sam and Dean had apparently been having back to back cases, because I hadn't seen them since they'd left. That had been almost three months ago. I mean, sure they had called about once a day, but it wasn't the same as having them there. There week though, when it seemed like we would be lucky to get one call. Sometimes they didn't call at all. Bobby said that they were somewhere in Connecticut on a difficult case, so I just read the books Bobby had downstairs while Blue watched Harry Potter and braided my hair. "When do you think they'll be back?" I asked him as my finger skimmed the page, so I could keep my place. "They'll be back soon, Uncle Bobby said that they've just had a few rough cases," Blue reminded. I nodded my head a little. "I know, but still," I finished the chapter before slipping in my bookmark, it was dark outside. "Bedtime?" Blue asked, he was staring out the window with me. I nodded, "Looks like it," I answered, setting my book aside before pulling my blanket over me. Blue got up and turned off the lights and the TV before making his way over to me. He tucked the blanket it around me, "Sweet dreams Chrissy," he whispered, running a hand over my hair. "Night Blue," I whispered back, curling up into my pillow. It didn't take long for me to drift off to sleep.

Blue woke me up at six thirty the next morning. "Time to get ready for school Chrissy," Blue greeted as he turned on the lights. I could tell he was trying to sound cheerful, but Blue hated waking up early. I did too. I loved school, but waking up so early to get there sucked. Why couldn't school start at nine? Or eight thirty? I groaned, but hesitantly left my bed nonetheless. Blue already had my clothes for today hanging on the door knob. "At least it's Wednesday," Blue tried, but we both knew two days was still forever away. I pulled on my clothes while Blue waited for me in the bathroom. "I think I'm just gonna leave your hair in a braid," he informed, playing with my hair a bit. I shrugged and picked up my toothbrush. "I'll go make sure Uncle Bobby's up," Blue said, yawning mid sentence. I gave him a thumbs up and started to brush me teeth. He came back when I finished brushing my teeth and announced, "Uncle Bobby is waiting for you downstairs with cereal." I glanced at the clock as I left my room, it was now 6:45. Plenty of time for cereal. Bobby was reading over a newspaper with his own bowl of cereal and a cup of coffee in front of him. I didn't like coffee, it didn't smell good either. "You ready for school?" Bobby questioned, folding his newspaper to focus on his cereal. I nodded my head and watched as Bobby poured the milk into my cereal. "Thank you," I told him and took a bite of my cereal. "You're welcome." We are our cereal in silence; well, Bobby did. Blue was humming and slapping his leg to some song. It didn't take long for us to finish our cereal. I picked up my backpack and Bobby picked up his keys. I had a feeling today was going to be a good day.

Today was a slow day. Miss Dever seemed to be just as bored as we were. We were already almost done with today's work and it was only one. Miss Dever opened her desk and pulled pulled out a cardboard box. She walked to the front of the class and put the box on the front desk. "Can anyone guess what's in this box?" She asked, no one replied. She unfolded the flaps of the box, but didn't reveal what was inside. "Since we're pretty much done for the day, I've decided to give you guys a reward for finishing early. Every time we finish early, we'll play this game. At the end of the year, whoever gets the best grades and highest test score will get to keep our character. But first, we have to choose our character," she stuck her hand in the box and started pulling out stuffed animals with little plastic card holders attached to their legs. The first was a possum, the second was a hippo, and the last was a pig. "These are called Webkinz," Miss Dever announced. "Webkinz have these little cards attached to them," she showed us the little card, "And inside each little card is a code. This code can give you access to a game on the computer where you get to take care of whichever Webkin you have. Now, we have the opossum, the hippo, and the pig. I'm going to call out each animal and you're all going to raise your hands for whichever one you think should be our character." She picked up an expo marker and went over to the whiteboard. She drew a chart with three columns and put a p, an h, and a p at the top of each column. "Now, who wants the possum to be our character?" Miss Dever asked, holding up the stuffed animals for us all to see. I raised my hand for it, it was my favorite. A lot of the other kids raised their hands for it too. She counted each hand and then tallied it on the chart. She put down the opossum and picked up the hippo, "Now the hippopotamus," two or three hands raised. She tallied it, "And the pig?" She held it up, only one person raised their hand for it. She tallied the one person and put the pig down. "It looks like the opossum wins by a landslide," she commented, putting the other two back into the box. "Chris, can you bring me my scissors?" Miss Dever requested, since I sat by her desk. I got up and snatched the scissors from the cup on her desk and brought them to her, pointing the blades at myself like Dean had taught me to do with knives. "Thank you Chris," she snipped the little ribbon holding the tag and pulled it through the hole in the top of the little plastic envelope. I sat back at my desk next to Gannon. She moved over to her laptop, we all looked at her promethean board as she pulled up the website. She typed in a username and password quickly, which brought up another page with 'INSERT CODE HERE' written above an empty space. Miss Dever was a bit slower typing in the code, but the opossum popped up soon enough, in digital form. A little clipboard popped up with it asking for name, gender, etc. "So who thinks that our little opossum should be a girl?" All of the girls raised their hands, except for me. She counted the hands before asking, "And who thinks our opossum should be a boy?" My hand raised with all of the boys, she counted before clicking on the 'boy' box. "Now for the hard part," Miss Dever announced, stepping back towards the whiteboard. "A name," five hands immediately shot up. Those suggestions consisted of Bob, Trash-Can, Harry, Squidward, and Fredrick. Miss Dever excluded Trash-Can, but wrote the other four on the board after she'd erased the previous votes. "Any more suggestions?" Miss Dever questioned as she finished writing Fredrick. A couple more hands were raised and the names Jeff and Steve joined the list. I decided to raise my hand, "What about Bucky?" I asked, Miss Dever pointed at me with a smile, "That's a good one." Gannon nodded his head in agreement. "Any more suggestions?" No one else raised their hands. "Okay, so we have seven names to choose from. Let's slim that down a little, who wants to cross out Bob?" She asked, quite a few hands raised, so she crossed it out. She did this with the rest of the names, Harry, Squidward, and Jeff were also excluded. That left Fredrick, Steve, and Bucky. "Okay, so who votes Fredrick?" Seven or eight hands raised. "Steve?" A couple hands were raised. "And what about Bucky?" Seven or eight hands were raised. She counted and tallied on the board, "Okay, so it's between Fredrick and Bucky, our Steve voters are gonna be our tie breakers." Everyone's eyes locked on the poor sods who voted on Steve. Two of the three voted on Bucky. I was very pleased with myself.

We played in the Webkinz arcade for the rest of the school day. I held the high score for Cash Cow, I was excited to tell Blue all about it. I spent a good ten or so minutes doing my homework in my room and telling Blue everything. He seemed very interested and wanted to ask Uncle Bobby or Dean to get us one, but I pointed out that we didn't have a computer. "Let's go outside," I suggested once if finally finished my work. Blue put a finger in the air, "We have to ask Uncle Bobby first." I nodded my head, I pulled on a pair of socks as Blue headed downstairs. "Uncle Bobby!" I called as I started down the stairs. "Yeah?" He called back, he was at the table flipping through a book. "Can I go outside?" I asked, hopping down the final step. He nodded his head, "Sure, but be careful," he warned. Blue fist pumped from his place by the door, "I will," I assured him. I slipped my shoes on and we ran outside into the maze of cars.

We stopped in front of one of the garages, "So what should we play?" Blue questioned, looking around. I shrugged, "We could play hunt, hide-and-seek, tag..." I trailed off. Playing Hunt wasn't Blue's favorite thing to play, but he indulged me sometimes. Blue tapped his cheek with a finger and gave a small hum in thought. "How about... hide-and-seek?" I poked him, "You're it!" Before I ran off to hide. I could hear Blue counting in the distance.

I found the perfect place to hide, it was an old, rundown looking shed Bobby had, I hadn't even known it was there! I closed the door as quietly as I could behind me before I turned to face the rest of it, reaching blindly before I found a long string. The light turned on and I could see that the shed contained shelves full of big, old books. I wondered why he kept them outside? Well, he did have a lot of books... I picked one from the shelf and quietly put it on the table he had in the middle of the shed. I flipped it open to the book marked page and started to read it. It was a bit more difficult than that though, it was written in some other language. "Flu-a-tur aqu-a," I sounded out slowly. I repeated it in my head a few times before I said it with a bit more confidence, "Fluatur aqua." That was when I felt water drip down my leg. I furrowed my eyebrow and looked at the hand that had been against my side, there were drops of water on my index and middle fingers. "Fluatur aqua," I said again to myself. Water bubbled from my fingers and fell to the floor. Oh my gods I'm a wizard.