Chapter 13

Chills filled her as she stumbled around, darkness everywhere, suffocating darkness.

She never felt such horror like this since the time she tried to chase that little rabbit. Lost in the woods, whispers everywhere and shadows, yelling out for help, screaming.

Her breath became ragged, close to hyperventilating, tears pricking her eyes.

And a laugh escaped her lips.

How could she ever hope to be a good proxy to her Uncle, if she can't handle something like this? Proxies, in her belief, should be a little fearless, unafraid of the dark. And yet, here she was, gasping for air and crying.

How pathetic.

She collapsed to her side, mad giggles filling the unbearable silence, the stinging, invisible cuts torture.

Truly pathetic.

"Hey, I'm here. Shh, calm down."

She felt a warm phantom touch on her arms, soothing her pain and she relaxed into the touch, the warm feeling spreading over her, making her feel safe.

"That's it, love. Nothing to fear."

Her eyelids became heavy, a drowsiness taking over her senses.

"You'll be soon be safe. Promise."

Hadley gasped as she fell off the bed, a grunt joining hers. She blinked a few times, noticing she wasn't in her room.

"Wha- What's happening?" Toby's voice asked, making her turn her head and her face burned when she saw she was on top of him.

"Gah! What'm I doing in your room?" She yelled, getting up. "What happened?"

"O oh, I have to w watch over y you. Must've f fell asleep." Toby said, rubbing his neck.

"Yep, ya moron." Jeff said, striding into the room. "I'll go tell Slender she's up." He left, leaving the panicky Hadley with Toby.

"Are y you alright?" Toby asked, rubbing his neck.

"I, I guess. What happened?" Hadley asked, blushing when she remembered that she had apparently slept on Toby's chest.

"You f fainted." Toby explained. "Slender's b been very w *tic* worried."

She nodded, lying down to try rest a bit, but her uncle had appeared in the room.

"Are you alright?" Slender asked, using a tendril to get he on her feet.

"I guess." Hadley said, not looking directly at him.

"We've been worried, a day's past since you fainted." He said, putting a hand on her shoulder, squeezing a bit.

"A day?" Hadley frowned, then felt a little scurrying in her sleeve, and had a mini-mini freak out.

She yelled and started to flail her arm, hearing squeaks and wondered if her arm decided it wanted to be alive -despite not having any control.

The ones in the room had their weapons out, expecting an enemy or so.

But, it happened to be Mouse. A terrified and traumatized Mouse.

"Ohmygod! I'm so sorry, Mouse!" Hadley cried in horror, cradling the albino rodent in her hands, petting its ruffled and shaking fur. "I didn't know, I'm sorry! Don't be afraid, I love you even-if-it's-been-a-few-days-since-i-met-you!"

Slender and Toby stared at her, confused and amused.

"I'll feed you Masky's cheesecake, I'll spoil you and treat you like royalty! Stop shaking please!" Hadley pleaded, nuzzling her face to the teensy tiny one's.

Jeff snickered, watching with amusement and went off.

Masky felt a chilling feeling that his precious pastries were in danger.

_________________

I updated! Yay! I'm sorry it's been like two months!!

I hope this was good enough to wait for! If not, I'll try to write better next chapters!

And, here's a question. Does anyone not like the cliche where Masky (and Hoodie) like cheesecake? If so, I'm sorry, but it's a fun to write about them loving a snack. Same with Toby and waffles.

Here's another one! If you had to, which would you choose? Stuck in a closet with Offender or Pervert!LJ?
[I'd choose LJ, even if I tend to lean towards Offender (have I ever mentioned he was my first favorite? I can't remember)]

Vote and (PlEaSe!) Comment!

(Please comment, I'd appreciate anything that comes to mind, I love your comments)