Chapter 13

Pain. Every day. I couldn't eat normal food,(just soups), because chewing involved effort; which than contributed to the reason why I can't move my mouth. After the first day, it was even worst the next. Lavender told me it was because my jaw was dealing with the aftershock. But today, it was unbearable.

"Lavenderrr!" I groaned. Okay, I admit it. I was being a pain in the ass.

She appeared at the door, looking frazzled. "Yeah?" I gave serious brownie points to her though, she's been taking really good care of me. Nathaniel had been distant all week, barley looking me in the eye.

"My teeth hurt!" The strange thing was, not only did my jaw ache; my teeth had some serous issues as well.

She looked confused. "Your teeth?"

"Yesss!"

She seemed to think about something. "Come with me. Get dressed, and get in the car."

"Why would I need to-?"

"Just get!" She snapped, and disappeared out of the room

I groaned, and got out of bed. Slipping on a an easy sweatshirt, and jeans; I walked out of my room. Nathaniel has been gone the whole day, and he hasn't talked to me much. When he does, he asks how I'm doing.

Oh I'm doing great, aside from the fact that I can't eat food!

I got out of the apartment, and met Lavender in the car. "Where are we going?"

"It's been two weeks Linds, we gotta take you to the-"

"No!" Complete fear pulsing through me.

"Not the doctors. The dentist."

"The dentist?"

She looked at me. "Yeah. Your teeth shouldn't be hurting."

I shut my mouth. I hated the dentist, but if you knew Lavender, you would now that arguing does nothing.

About ten minutes later, we arrived at the parking lot. I sat there, my eyes glued to my hands. I was terrified. "You know, now that you mention it; my mouth really isn't hurting anymore." With that, a pang of pain went through my mouth. I flinched.

She raised an eyebrow. "Mm hm."

"Come on. " she got out of the car, and with hesitation, got out.

When we got inside, Lavender practically pushed me up to the receptionist. She smiled, flashing teeth.

"Hi girls, how can I help you?"

Lavender smiled politely. "Hi, my friend, Lindsey, hurt her jaw about two weeks ago. Her jaw should be healed, but now her teeth are hurting her."

She nodded, than looked to me. "What does it feel like, dear?"

"Aching." I admitted. "And it hurts to swallow."

She tsked. "Better get the dentist. One moment, please."

Lavender nodded, and walked me over to a chair. She laughed when she saw my anxious expression. "You'll go over to a crazy, drinking, and smoking guy with all his dangerous friends around and throw a bottle on his head without any fear, but you're scared of the dentist?" She mused.

I shrugged. "This is scarier."

I dropped my voice to a whisper. "There literally performing construction in your throat. And you're telling me you like that?"

She chuckled.

"Lindsey? The dentist is available for an evaluation." A receptionist came in, and announced it.

I swallowed. Ugh, bad idea. Pain.

Getting up, I took one last look at the reception room,(who knows if I'll be back), and followed the women.

When I entered the room, another women had almond shaped eyes, and dark hair slicked back into a ponytail.

I smiled to her, and sat down on the chair. She returned the gesture. "Hi, Lindsey. I realize you've been experiencing some discomfort."

I nodded, but eyed the table of sharp tools. Maybe this is where I'll die, I miserably thought.

"Let me just take a look in your mouth; just lay back and get comfortable."

I did as instructed in a slow motion, but she just waited with a smile on here face.

She probably thinks I'm mentally challenged..

Thinking this, I quickened the process to make up for the humiliating thought.

I opened my mouth, and she moved the overhead light over so it was shining completely on me. She squinted her eyes as she looked, and was finished. Turning the light off, she took off her gloves.

I was surprised. "That's it?"

She nodded. "Yep. Your wisdom teeth are enlarged.. Your going to have to get them removed."

"What?" I half-yelled.

"It's normal for a girl your age. Many people get them removed, but not all. You, in this case, need to get them removed."

"I thought they weren't removing them as much as they were." I stuttered.

She shrugged, and placed her hands on her thighs. "I could tell with one glance that you need it badly. Your wisdom teeth are too big for your mouth, honey. I know that's painful."

I must've looked terrified, because she placed a hand on my shoulder to comfort me. "We put you under, so you won't feel a thing. And than when you wake up, all you can eat is ice cream."

"I'm lactose in tolerant." I lied.

She smiled. "Gelato, than. Sherbet?"

Well, it was worth a shot.

"You can go back to the reception office, now. I'll go make your appointment, immediately. How is tomorrow for you?"

"Tomorrow?" I asked again in bewilderment.

"They need to be taken out, immediately."

She guided me back, because I didn't think I could actually walk. "Can I talk to your friend? And I'll tell the receptionist to put the surgery in your Foster Bill."

I nodded. I've been here before.

Lavender got up, and talked to the doctor. All I saw was Lavenders head bobbing in agreement, and than; we were driving home.

~~~~~~~~

"Okay, so the thing is.." Lavender started.

"Yes?" I asked in a monotone.

"I can't go with you tomorrow."

"Excuse me? Who's going to take me?!" I yelled. The terror level was at one hundred and ten, right now. I was sitting on the couch, my body twisted so I was staring daggers at Lavender.

She shrugged. "Don't worry. I'll ask Nathaniel."

Crap.

I didn't even to say anything. My life is bad as it is.

Nathaniel walks in the door, munching on a hamburger. He stops when he realizes we're staring at him. "What?"

Lavender talked first. "Lindsey is getting her wisdom teeth out tomorrow. I need you to take her, and take care of her tomorrow."

"Where will you be?" Is all he asked.

"Yeah, where will you be?" I piped up.

She shrugged. "I'm spending the day with my mom."

She looked back at him, and stuck out her lower lip. "Please?"

He shrugged. "Sure. But won't she be all loopy, or something?"

She nodded. "They're going to put her on laughing gas."

"Yay." I said.

"So you need to deal with her."

"Wow, Lav. Nice."

She just smiled.