Confession (Doyoung)

Y/N stood outside the cinema, waiting.

"Hey." She turned around to face the person who had addressed her. "What's a lovely girl like you doing here alone?" The guy said from behind his face mask.

"I was actually waiting for my boyfriend," she said plainly.

"Well, he's here. Did I make you wait long?" He stepped closer.

"No, I came here ten minutes ago," she smiled at him. "The movie's about to start, Doyoung." She slipped her hand into his and pulled him along.

Doyoung took his face mask off as they entered the cinema. Y/N kept looking around nervously for someone who might recognize him. If he got caught with a girl it could jeopardize his career. After the relationship of Kai and Jennie was revealed, Y/N asked Doyoung to take the extra precaution of disguising himself from head to toe.

"I'm hungry, shall we eat?" Doyoung asked as they stepped outside the cinema once the movie was over.

"Y-es, okay." Y/N hesitated.

"What's wrong?" Doyoung's forehead creased.

"What if someone recognized you? Let's just call it a day?"

Doyoung shook his head, "no, I'm taking you out to lunch. Let's go."

They managed to get a private booth at the restaurant but it was not as private as they had wished. "Y/N, don't worry so much. All this concern doesn't suit you," he gave her a grin. Y/N smiled despite herself.

"You know, I was thinking; what would happen if people found out about our relationship," Doyoung asked solemnly.

"Nothing good. For both of us."

After they were done eating, the two parted ways. Y/N headed back home and Doyoung to the dorms. Meeting Doyoung always put Y/N in a good mood. She went home with a smile on her face and a skip in her step.

Later that day, Y/N received a notification on her phone informing her about NCT's V-live that was starting. She tuned in to see Doyoung, Yuta and Jeno on the screen. Y/N laughed at the amusing things they did and nodded solemnly when they were serious.

"Before we end this V-live, there's something I'd like to tell you all," Doyoung looked at his bandmates, who gave him encouraging nods. "I am in a relationship with someone." Y/N's eyes widened, was he really going to tell everyone?

"Her name is Y/N," he continued. "She'll probably kill me after she sees this V-live, but I just had to tell you all since I'd rather you hear it from me than someone else." Y/N was not reading the comments, she didn't dare. What had Doyoung gotten himself into? "Goodbye, guys. Take care." The other members said their goodbyes and the V-live ended.

Y/N massaged her temples. There was one thing Doyoung was right about; she will, most definitely, kill him.

Y/N dialled her boyfriend's number and waited for him to pick up. "Hi," Doyoung said as he answered the phone. "Wonder why you're calling. Miss me already?"

"Doyoung! What did you do that for?"

"I just thought it'd be... better this way," he admitted.

"Was that wise? Please tell me you thought this through." She said softly.

"I don't know. But, did you read the comments?"

"Uh, no. I couldn't."

"You'd be surprised," he said in a cheerful tone. "Y/N, people have become more accepting. And I didn't just make this decision of disclosing our relationship on my own, it was a consensus by all of NCT."

After she was done talking to Doyoung, Y/N surfed the internet. His confession was already commented on by many people on many websites. Everyone was expressing their surprise at the unexpected announcement and most of them were supportive.

Y/N could only cross her fingers and hope for the best.

xxx

Thank you aannabeltrann for requesting this!

Don't forget to vote if you enjoyed it.